Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
E
Then control the taxi's and the huge trucks

Stop making so damn much sense E.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
San Pedro is too nice...for its own good.

Gone fishing!!
S
S
Originally Posted by immissing
Then control the taxi's and the huge trucks

The only route for traffic (including huge trucks) is right past the Tropic terminal...so this new terminal will certainly relieve some of the problem.

It's certainly arrogant for me as a visitor to prescribe solutions (or non-solutions) for San Pedro. No doubt there are worthwhile benefits. I can, however, lament them as a visitor.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
P
P
Imissing you might want to re read Pedro's post - he did go to Caulker!!

This is an ongoing topic of conversation with endless threads since the fairly recent day I moved here, and I'm sure from many days before that. Some of the old hand Ex-pats reminisce on the good old days of 20 years ago and how great it was - and some might even mean it.

Me, I like some of the luxuries to go with the simple life, the sunshine and the sea. I like running water. Electricity. I like to have a flushing toilet. A fridge for beer and some food is great. Internet is nice. I no longer need to fly to Belize City or take the boat once a month for things you can't get on the Caye - I even see City folk in san Pedro these days for things they can't get there!!

In short time stands still for nobody and nowhere, and change is inevitable. I personally don't like many of the changes including the cobbled streets as it seems dustier and more broken glass than ever - but the kids can get to school as clean as kids can, people get around better and faster, that's progress they say.

Each time something new like the Bridge, The Streets, New Pick Up Trucks / SUV Vehicles, and now a new Air Terminal happens there's always this cry for the good old days and while I probably agree to a degree, I do only seem to hear it from foreigners who live here or visit. Who are we to tell Belizeans what they can and can't have.

I am not trying to preach here, just putting forward a flip side to the coin - and I do recognise people have other options to either visit or live and spend their hard earned money and both cases they contribute socially and financially and hope they continue others will come. It is inevitable I think that the demographics of the people that come in the future will change and probably already has, but San Pedro will prosper and go from strength to strength but perhaps not be everyone's cup of tea.

Despite a bit more concrete, glass and stainless steel enjoy San Pedro as it's richest attributes are still there - the people and the setting.

M
M
Can you give a 'ballpark' budget for living on AC?
I am very interested!
Thank you
music1

Is this terminal only for the First Class passengers on Tropic? Or do the coach passengers get to use it too? smile Seriously, if a re-org would alleviate the traffic, it would be worth it, especially in the future. I can't imagine the need for a giant structure just to accomodate the passengers on the Tropic flights.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
B
B
I think it depends a lot on your lifestyle. Our family of 3 lived there for 12 months last year and we averaged about $2500 US a month. Rent and utilities ran about $1000 US-well worth it as the place we lived was really nice. While we ate our fair share of beans and rice ( and alternately, rice and beans), we did fall into the trap of buying more American food which definitely added to the overall expense.
Admittedly, we drank a lot of beer. I'm sure Palapa Bar, Coco Loco and Island Perk were impacted financially by our departure. No regrets though, we had an awesome year that we will remember forever. We had the best midlife crisis of anyone we know.

D
D
I just can't believe they put it smack dab in the middle of the runway. I remember when a landing plane couldn't stop........bad brakes I think and ran through the fence, right where the new terminal is going to be, crossed the street and the "Welcome to San Pedro, Where you won't be a stranger for Long" sign stopped it. hmmmmmmmm I will always be very nervous in that terminal. /s/ Bill Wilkinson

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 147 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.