Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
C
canuker Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hi Guys, ok - i am here on the island now - - please tell me where you guys eat affordable food in or around town - - everything is SOOOOO expensive - many things are more than twice as much as Canada or the States... I have been living off pupusas, tostadas and tacos from some of the street vendors (which is good food but i would like to change it up from time to time).

Also, is there a place someone can get a drink that isnt twice as much as the States or Canada? so far the cheapest margarita has been $15.oo BZD.

thanks guys.

Marino's has cheap cold beer.

J
J
Drink local rum or Belikin beer and it isn't expensive. Especially at happy hours.

I've never considered the food in San Pedro to be really expensive, unless you eat at the high end places. Try The Reef, El Patio, Caramba's, Jam-Bel Jerk. It just depends on what you order. El Divino at Banana Beach has some very good and very affordable options. There's also decent Chinese carry-out (although darned if I know the names of the places). Try El Fogon for local food at decent prices.

I'm only there occasionally, I'm sure others have lots more ideas and suggestions.

Waruguma's has great lobster burritos and ceviche too. It may seem expensive but you will get several meals out of one burrito.

S
S
Eat like the locals and it is very inexpensive. Eat like a tourist and it willcost more. Chiken rice and beans from the strret is the best value from my experience. But I had tacos for breakast chicken rice and beans for lunch and pupusas for dinner 15.00 bz for a days meal. Beat that Rachel Ray. I also had acouple of $100.00 meals. all depends on what you are after. keith

human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted
N
N
Hummmm? The only place we thought was pricy was the place just north of BC's. Can't remember the name but the food was wonderful.

E
E
Blue WATER GRILL ?

N
N
That's it. Very good food.

N
N
We also went to the place between Blue Water and Rubies. Not impressed with the hostess there at..... all. :- Food was fine though.

We didn't have a bad meal on AC. Favorite was on the street one away from the beach side. Middle streed? Want to say it was Mexican style with several a killer snapper dishes. Starts with a C ??

I have eaten from several of the street vendors - never a bad meal for me. Also have eaten at a number of other establishments - my favorite based on taste and value was Elvi's. The evening I was there they were packed. They had their Mayan buffet and a dinner special that was enough to last a number of meals.

I have to say, I have not had a bad meal on AC and that is after quite a sampling.

It's great to be .....

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 121 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,026
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.