Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
B
I thought you were commenting about how their business was poorly planned and how they didn't think thru their dream. I'm just thinking that we really have no idea what happened. Maybe I misunderstood...

I've talked to Tyler - manager or Sweet Basil's about marketing but it just isn't happening.

Their food is wonderful, the service good and the view and breeze very nice. I really want this place to make it. They will even deliver here on the north side. However, I am concerned about the lack of business.

Last week we had a home owners meeting here at the Villas so made a reservation for eight as I wanted to make sure they had enough food. Everyone was delighted with their choices.

What I finally realized was that when we had the pull ferry everyone wanted to experience that and it only made sense to cross over and go to Sweet Basil's for lunch or dinner.

Crossing the bridge is not nearly as interesting. I do hope some of you will take the extra effort and give them a try.

Al - there was a period of time when Sweet Basil's was not run by Tyler and his wife and was not good. Give them another try.

I think messages here have sometimes mixed up Pinki Knoxx & Sweet Basils.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
OP Offline
Brussel sprout ,You probaly know them better than me!!! As I only had dinner one night there ,But spoke to lots of local friends who had dinner there <and I can share with you That yes there business was poorly planed Stevie wonder could see that !!!And the thought process of opening a business that has a lunch menu of crapes only for lunch nothing else !!!!! And four or five over price ,small dinner portions ,is just plain silly in fact stupid and not well thought out ..This was a Major factor of why they closed up!!!! My comnents where that of there very poor business model,just like the person who opened a Swiss fondue resturant here , at exotic caye resort they served over priced ,small potions plus she had no personality ..Now that Gunius lasted only two weeks .. There personal stuff or life style is none of my business as I do know them ..while I am sad that there dream was gone and went bust hopefully they will bounce back and live there dream again and make it happen ,you would not know this but one of the biggest dept stores was RH macys in new york they went bust/bankrupt seven times but made ito a great store.. I am talking from a Entrepreneurs point of view with nothing to gain by my comments .I do not enjoy watching a person lose a business.But wish every new resturant on the island well I love to dine out it is one of this island pluses. One big part of paradise ..I am talking about Pinki knox untimely Demise not sweet basils which I liked vey much...And will try again ..

Last edited by captjeff; 07/09/08 02:56 PM.

Living The Dream Every Day!
I tried Sweet Basil last time out also and enjoyed it a lot! The food was good as well as plentiful!

Take the road less traveled
R
R
In a few months when we return I'm going to try Sweet Basil's. Friends said it was great and I past by often but never see much activity. Activity of not we will give it a go this time.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
N
N
We can't wait to go back to Sweet Basil's and Beach'n Kitchen in Jan.
Harriette do you think the bridge toll reduces their business? What happens in our city is a mall,club or restaurant where there is paid parking usually goes down hill until the management picks up the parking charge or at least some of it. Everyone is looking for a deal!

S
S
The bridge toll is the same amount as the previous pull ferry fee.

I think tourists thought of the old pull barge as an amusement ride...I can't ever remember hearing even one complaint about the cost. In fact, a lot of folks tipped the guys doing the pulling!

On the other hand, the toll for the bridge is a whole different story...tourists are constantly complaining about it. Especially folks from states that have a lot toll bridges. I think they are disappointed that they can't escape this annoyance when they visit "paradise."

the toll's the same, but the ride certainly isn't!

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
S
S
Originally Posted by chunkyruth

tourists are constantly complaining about it. I think they are disappointed that they can't escape this annoyance when they visit "paradise."

They shoulda been here at rush hour on the old pull ferry when a huge crowd was pushing and shoving to get on....not nice!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 356 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.