Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#287430 07/06/08 12:49 AM
CROC Offline OP
OP Offline
John Greif, Tropic Air President
"It will be state of the art. For instance there will be as the customer walks in, there will be a huge 6 foot diameter, 8 foot tall aquarium with local marine life.

Why in the world would you do this ?? If people want to see the marine life then they only have to go a few minutes to the reef

Why capture fish and marine life that has the freedom to move around at will and confine them to a 6 x 8 tank

I am sure your new terminal will look great without the uneccesary fish tank

dude, you are a crack up!

i personally cant wait! Talk about good business...whetting peoples appetites for marine life, showing them all they can see at the lovely hol chan...more money for the locals trying to make a living off tours etc...

and education! wow! I'm sure that they'll have some literature and postings and stuff....and maybe we can talk to them about having some basic tips for reef and island care to make sure they dont accidentally, um, stand on a brain coral or something.

Glad you posted this! Will mention these ideas you helped bring to the table to the people at tropic air tomorrow when i go through.

Thanks for the post!

I hope they are not going to take wild life and put them in the tanks. That's just wrong.

C
C
"Finding Nemo" was a CARTOON, not a documentary.

CROC Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes very eco friendly Lara, you go girl, you could even help them by going out and catching the marine life too for a new life in a 6 x 8ft tank.

Maybe we should put you in a 6 x 8 room and see how you like the change from your current life.

And while your at it why not pass by the tackle box and ask then to bring back the old shark pit where you could see lots of sharks and turtles struggling to get out.

Sounds like if it were up to you we should destroy every aquarium and fish tank in the world?!?

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
S
S
Or just get rid of the "Croc"s...

Jesse, that would be a damn good start....

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
C
C
My infatuation with scuba is because of my experience with aquariums and "in-house" marine systems. A well-represented mini-eco-system within an aquarium can be a great life for marine creatures as well as providing an invaluable tool for educating the general masses on the need for future protection.

An aquarium can be a great educational tool as well as advertising. It will peak tourist interest in the reef system and promote tours. If done right it can inform people about the problems that are facing the reefs of the world. tourists will take more interest and responsibility while on a tour or siting on the beach.

The life expectancy of a fish in an aquarium can be over 10 times that of fish in the wild. Some species of fish and animals should never be kept captive. If done correctly a zoo or aquarium can provide a happy home for many creatures as well as educating.

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.