Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Re: Where the heck do you guys eat??? [Re: Loansum-Al K] #287881
07/09/08 01:06 PM
07/09/08 01:06 PM
S
SP Daily Offline
SP Daily  Offline
S
A rum drink or a beer costs US$2...is that too expensive????????

Re: Where the heck do you guys eat??? [Re: SP Daily] #287889
07/09/08 02:10 PM
07/09/08 02:10 PM
Birdland - 1 mile north
ScubaLdy Offline
ScubaLdy  Offline
I know kids can be picky eaters but they can also surprise you. Why have here what you can have at home – burgers and pizza? Beef and cheese are imported and costly. Get the kids to try tacos, salbutes, stew chicken with rice and beans and give them an ice cream treat if they do. A good option here are the soups.
If the kids like Kentucky Fried there are a lot of fast food places mostly run by the Chinese. Fried chicken with French fries is either $6 or $7 Belize.
Ali Babba's has whole rotisserie chicken for $17. Really good!
When I look at a menu when at a new place I have learned to read the fine print – at the bottom. If is says US dollars I leave!!! That is a rip off!
You may want to fix breakfast and lunch in your place and go out for dinner. You’ve had some good suggestions. For beef burgers go to Wet Willy’s. DO NOT order a ham burger – that is ham between to burger buns! LOL
I also like the Sunset Grill – go in time to watch the sunset and help feed the tarpon.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Re: Where the heck do you guys eat??? [Re: ScubaLdy] #287893
07/09/08 02:24 PM
07/09/08 02:24 PM
San Pedro
L
lil'red Offline
lil'red  Offline
L
At The Monkey Bites Cafe we have a varied menu with two lunch specials daily. The portions are huge and nothing is priced over $16. Yesterday it was shepherds pie with carrots and garlic bread. Tomorrow we are having a BBQ lunch featuring a grilled shrimp kabob with a lobster tail and slaw for $16. We can feed you well and you can enjoy the reef views.

Re: Where the heck do you guys eat??? [Re: canuker] #287895
07/09/08 02:47 PM
07/09/08 02:47 PM
SW, MA / SW, FL
R
ragman Offline
ragman  Offline
R
We find prices about the same as at home. The thing is the menu is a little different. No fast food like we might at home. I wouldn't be happy if a McDonalds was being built in town but I'll occasionally use one up north. All the above suggestions that were given you we already use and have often said to ourselves that we eat healthier in San Pedro than at home. Can't beat the stew & rot. chicken. Brazilian Grill for special nights. At home I very seldom eat rice but that changes when I get on the Island. Have fun "When in Rome...."

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
Re: Where the heck do you guys eat??? [Re: Loansum-Al K] #287912
07/09/08 04:43 PM
07/09/08 04:43 PM
Ontario, Canada
N
Northern Canuck Offline
Northern Canuck  Offline
N
LOL You got it LOANSUM...

Re: Where the heck do you guys eat??? [Re: Northern Canuck] #287915
07/09/08 05:03 PM
07/09/08 05:03 PM
O
obake Offline
obake  Offline
O
what are you guys talking about - - some of the information here is really good - but those of you who think the food on AC is the same price as back home are out to lunch... no pun intended... MOST of the main restaurants on AC are at least twice as expensive as back home. Those of you who think otherwise must eat at really expensive restaurants back home.
Either way, I was prepared for the cost of food as several of my friends have traveled to AC and gave me the heads up that almost everything is more expensive on AC – not just the food... I assume it has something to do with having to get it shipped from mainland and something to do with ripping off vacationers. Either way not much you can do about it.

But I also appreciate some of the advice provided here and I will be checking out some of the restaurants named as being more affordable.

Re: Where the heck do you guys eat??? [Re: obake] #287919
07/09/08 05:16 PM
07/09/08 05:16 PM
S
SP Daily Offline
SP Daily  Offline
S
How about a nice big meal of stewed chicken, rice and beans with cole slaw for US$3.50? Too much for you?

Re: Where the heck do you guys eat??? [Re: SP Daily] #287924
07/09/08 05:35 PM
07/09/08 05:35 PM
M
merc Offline
merc  Offline
M
We are hungry and want to go out tonight to someplace which is any combination of on the water, seafood BBQ, decent prices and music.

Anywhere fit the bill for us tonight?

Re: Where the heck do you guys eat??? [Re: SP Daily] #287925
07/09/08 05:37 PM
07/09/08 05:37 PM
M
merc Offline
merc  Offline
M
Originally Posted by Jesse
How about a nice big meal of stewed chicken, rice and beans with cole slaw for US$3.50? Too much for you?

Where can I find this meal for sometime during the rest of the week?

Re: Where the heck do you guys eat??? [Re: SP Daily] #287928
07/09/08 05:39 PM
07/09/08 05:39 PM
B
BamaB's Offline
BamaB's  Offline
B
I dunno, I live in the Heart of Dixie & never found food to be overly expensive on AC, but we did sort of stick to the ones that were named here. Lunches of stewed chicken & rice & beans, sharing the burritos at Waraguma for dinner, I doubt you could spend $25 US a day. We did enjoy a few of the the more expensive places, but none were "better". The local flavor is fantastic regardless.

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
February
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 466 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics70,595
Posts479,026
Members19,594
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.