Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
S
S
A rum drink or a beer costs US$2...is that too expensive????????

I know kids can be picky eaters but they can also surprise you. Why have here what you can have at home - burgers and pizza? Beef and cheese are imported and costly. Get the kids to try tacos, salbutes, stew chicken with rice and beans and give them an ice cream treat if they do. A good option here are the soups.
If the kids like Kentucky Fried there are a lot of fast food places mostly run by the Chinese. Fried chicken with French fries is either $6 or $7 Belize.
Ali Babba's has whole rotisserie chicken for $17. Really good!
When I look at a menu when at a new place I have learned to read the fine print - at the bottom. If is says US dollars I leave!!! That is a rip off!
You may want to fix breakfast and lunch in your place and go out for dinner. You've had some good suggestions. For beef burgers go to Wet Willy's. DO NOT order a ham burger - that is ham between to burger buns! LOL
I also like the Sunset Grill - go in time to watch the sunset and help feed the tarpon.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
L
L
At The Monkey Bites Cafe we have a varied menu with two lunch specials daily. The portions are huge and nothing is priced over $16. Yesterday it was shepherds pie with carrots and garlic bread. Tomorrow we are having a BBQ lunch featuring a grilled shrimp kabob with a lobster tail and slaw for $16. We can feed you well and you can enjoy the reef views.

R
R
We find prices about the same as at home. The thing is the menu is a little different. No fast food like we might at home. I wouldn't be happy if a McDonalds was being built in town but I'll occasionally use one up north. All the above suggestions that were given you we already use and have often said to ourselves that we eat healthier in San Pedro than at home. Can't beat the stew & rot. chicken. Brazilian Grill for special nights. At home I very seldom eat rice but that changes when I get on the Island. Have fun "When in Rome...."

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
N
N
LOL You got it LOANSUM...

O
O
what are you guys talking about - - some of the information here is really good - but those of you who think the food on AC is the same price as back home are out to lunch... no pun intended... MOST of the main restaurants on AC are at least twice as expensive as back home. Those of you who think otherwise must eat at really expensive restaurants back home.
Either way, I was prepared for the cost of food as several of my friends have traveled to AC and gave me the heads up that almost everything is more expensive on AC - not just the food... I assume it has something to do with having to get it shipped from mainland and something to do with ripping off vacationers. Either way not much you can do about it.

But I also appreciate some of the advice provided here and I will be checking out some of the restaurants named as being more affordable.

S
S
How about a nice big meal of stewed chicken, rice and beans with cole slaw for US$3.50? Too much for you?

M
M
We are hungry and want to go out tonight to someplace which is any combination of on the water, seafood BBQ, decent prices and music.

Anywhere fit the bill for us tonight?

M
M
Originally Posted by Jesse
How about a nice big meal of stewed chicken, rice and beans with cole slaw for US$3.50? Too much for you?

Where can I find this meal for sometime during the rest of the week?

B
B
I dunno, I live in the Heart of Dixie & never found food to be overly expensive on AC, but we did sort of stick to the ones that were named here. Lunches of stewed chicken & rice & beans, sharing the burritos at Waraguma for dinner, I doubt you could spend $25 US a day. We did enjoy a few of the the more expensive places, but none were "better". The local flavor is fantastic regardless.

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.