Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
one can not survive on tacos alone. But i eat a meal at least 2-3 times a visit at the taco place on the west side of the airstrip. three tacos for $1 belize. "give me $5 worth"

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
Originally Posted by wade the gringo
one can not survive on tacos alone.

BLASPHEMY!

well,, with beer anyway.
and i'm a commonsewer!

J
J
I had a wonderful lunch at Blue Water Grill last month, a chicken Philly (I know there really isn't such a thing). It was about $BZ17.00. I didn't think that was overpriced, came with fries. I would have paid the same here in Iowa.

Same with the awesome chicken salad at Monkey Bites. About $BZ15.00. That's what grilled chicken salads cost around here, and I know lettuce is really expensive on Ambergris.

Same with the fried shrimp at Fidos for lunch. $25.00BZ last time I was there, with fries and coleslaw. Better than most fried shrimp dinners here for less money.

None of the above are cheap places to eat. But, they also aren't any where close to twice as much as here in the States.

"many things are more than twice as much as Canada or the States... "

I would like to see/hear/read specific facts to back up the allegations because never having been there, I'd like to not be "ripped off", using the phrase of another posting. wink

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Street Venders !!!!

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
Try Papi's diner it is a little north of town close to the bridge. When I was there in Oct. My friend and I both had full dinners me a t-bone steak with smothered onions and peppers, fries and I believe a salad. My friend had yellow tail snapper with rice and beans, we both had a belikin and the bill came to around $30.00 U.S. I don't know anywhere in the U.S where you can eat like that for that price!!! And I must say the food was great!!!

love like you've never been hurt, work like you don't need the money,dance like no one is watching
Hon Offline
Unfortunately Papi's has closed.

There is a little place just north of the French bakery...I have no idea of its name or even if it has a name. The mister and I stuffed ourselves full for $12BZ.

Try looking for the places that have a lot of workers and/or students as patrons. That's usually a good indication of value for money.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
Waraguma - grilled lobster tail, rice and beans, cole slaw $35.00 BZE. I don't know anywhere in the US you can get a lobster tail meal for $17.50.

Change your Latitude
JZB Offline
Originally Posted by Hon
There is a little place just north of the French bakery...I have no idea of its name or even if it has a name. The mister and I stuffed ourselves full for $12BZ.

I think that is Neri's Tacos. They always look packed with locals in the morning so it must be good.

S
S
We always found that the food was the least expensive thing on our trip. We averaged about $15.00 per person per day. One day was $7.00 per person. Bakery, pampusas and vendor burritos. Going to a restaraunt comparable to the Boston area AC is a fraction of the price.

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.