Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
E
E
OK, DS ! You win. I dont know how or what you decide to order. I personally dont order by price, rather by what looks good or I have a taste for. Again just MHO.

Originally Posted by immissing
OK, DS ! You win. I dont know how or what you decide to order. I personally dont order by price, rather by what looks good or I have a taste for. Again just MHO.

I don't order by price, obviously, or I would not have gone back to the Blue Lotus. The best food on the island regardless of price.

But this thread was about price, so I felt it fair to mention that Blue Lotus was on the high end.

N
N
Hey Blue Water,

I did say the food was great. Just pricier than most of the other places on the island. The mussels were OUTSTANDING but for the price ...........they were more than we have ever paid for a appetizer of '5' anywhere else. The rest of our meal was exceptional also.

Will I ever eat at your place again ....Ya betcha. Will I ever order the mussels.... Ya betcha!! The service was among the best, read... professional, on island. The restaurant ambiance is among the nicest. An upscale restaurant no matter where it would be located.

Hang on I'm gonna look up the CC bill for our dinner there.......

OK, I looked up what we paid dinner at Blue Water. We had a guest from the island join us so that makes three people for dinner. We ordered one appetizer, one bottle of wine, two island rum & cokes and three entrees. We did not order the cheapest things on the menu. The total for our meal was $100 US. I am not sure if that included tip. In my book that's a bargain (tip or no tip) no matter who you are or where you eat!

Sooooo as I said, the food was great but the price was a little higher than any of the other places we ate while we were on the island.

A
A
You must try Gordo's Burrito's and More....delicious and very reasonable! They feature fresh fruit daquiris starting at $6 Bz, large burritos at $12 Bz, Lobster burritos at $19 Bz, large ground steak burgers on french roll for $13Bz...large and varied menu including yummy fish tacos and slow cooked pork. Gordos is located on Seagrape Dr just west of Crazy Canucks and Road Kill Bar.tel 624-0226

S
S
If you are with kids like we are the bakeries are a must in the morning. The cinnamon bread and the cinnamon rolls you have to get there early. They also have a hotdog or ham & cheese in a croissant. Pirate Pizza was good also.

Had a nice late lunch at Hidden Treasures the other day. What made it particularly nice was that it wasn't the time of day that they usually serve either lunch or dinner, twas in between. Regardless, they were good enough to go out of their way to prepare a meal for us. We were four and each had the stewed chicken with potato salad, rice and beans. We also had a big bowl of fabulous civeche and a plate of poppers. 4 or 5 rum punch and two or more soft drinks were also served. Whole thing came to around $130 BZ.

I'd love to go back there in the evening. That place must look fabulous at night.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

I
I
[/quote]

The best meal of the trip though was the invite to our friends Tim and Tina's house where they served us fresh shrimp that was just plain amazing.

So for the cheapest meal, befriend some locals and get invited over to dinner. [/quote]

Thanks Jason,
We enjoyed having you guys over. We will have to do it again the next time you guys are in town. We had a great time watching the sunset and eating shrimp.
Tina and Tim

Last edited by Island Life; 07/11/08 11:00 AM.
yoo hooo tina, tim??? are you there???

I LOVE shimp!

S
S
Me too! When ya serving?

Beverages at your lodging can be a bargain - make your own margaritas!
Also agree local rum , cane juice & food is usually cheapest
but for burger and fries it is Estels Dine by the Sea Charlie cheese burger & fries.
We did not find Estel's expensive for what we got.
All public Barb b ques are good deals. Lion's club & Martha's beach?

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.