Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
OP Offline
P
I have been wanting to move from the states to Belize. I have a pool service in the Texas Hill Country for 10yrs now. I want to move my family somewhere else and was hoping that we could make a small living there in Belize. There may be no need for a pool Co. there. Just a note to see if anyone knows if there is any luck to doing this there.
Thank You
Pete

Last edited by petebarb; 06/14/08 01:08 PM.

Pete Smith
Hey petebarb, that might be a business SP could use - I think the question may have been explored before. However, it's my understanding from many on this messageboard that it is very difficult for a non-Belizean to get a work permit in Belize. I understand that you can open a business and employ Belizeans, but working yourself is more difficult. You might want to use the search function to get recent relevant info.

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
J
J
I say go for it, petebarb, san pedro is a silently booming resort town and quality service is what we need here. In regards to making the move, i don´t think it is really difficult for foreigners to move in and make a decent living, I think it is a lot more difficult to try to set up a business in neighbouring countries like mexico where bureaucracy is simply ridiculous.

well I think it is difficult to make a living here,which I do.There is no way in hell a pool cleaning business will make money here-there is a guy Trevor who keeps pools clean for 15usd a week-he does a really good job-most people who have houses have a caretaker and by the meaning of that name they also take care of pools

P
OP Offline
P
Thanks to all of the great info. And the 15usd per week per pool is ok. As someone could clean up to 15 to 20 pools a day. As for just cleaning the pool is not where the money comes into play, it is the repairs to the system and knowing just what you are doing to save people money is where the money is. Thanks to all.
Pete

Pete Smith
therefore you only need to clean 15usd x 15 pools perday x 5 days
equals 1125usd per week -good luck and I am sure all the Belizeans that currently look after pools will be delighted that you are going to take their jobs
ps I doubt there are more than 60 pools on the island

P
OP Offline
P
I am still coming there. And hope to be there by spring. My friend has a place there and has had it for over 30years is telling me to go there. Not Costa Rica. So I can't wait to see the place everyone calls the lands of the gods.
See Ya
Pete

Pete Smith
petebarb,
its a great place . you'll love it, and don't worry there is only one pedro1 :-)

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
E
E
But, why would you ever want to leave Keerville ?

P
OP Offline
P
Kerrville is not Kerrville anymore. I have been here a long time and it's just got to way out there. i sold zoo animals for 25yrs and raised them here until 1998. Then got into the pool deal. Seems to being going into a down hill run for Kerrville. Houses and Ranches just have gotten way to high to run. You can't make a living on a ranch that the house cost 12mil. anyway my Brown Rice told me to get may ass there soon. thanks for all
Pete

Pete Smith
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.