Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
S
Who's to say. Some people surprise you and sometimes those you think will make it don't. Life is an adventure not a cruise (yes, a dig) who's to say that those who don't make it go home with their tail tucked between their legs. I'm sure for some it's more a case of WOW! that sucked but I'm sure glad I took a shot.

BINGO smile

NYgal #288428 07/11/08 10:46 PM
Guys, be nice. He is a succesful business man giving advice on "all businesses", not just in SP. What he advises is right "on the money" and "how to make money", no matter the type of business.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Originally Posted by SimonB
who's to say that those who don't make it go home with their tail tucked between their legs. I'm sure for some it's more a case of WOW! that sucked but I'm sure glad I took a shot.

Why the vitriol over this comment?
I would imagine most of the expats living in Belize started out with a "dream." Congratulations on succeeding. Others aren't so fortunate - perhaps due to a variety of reasons. Hopefully, someone new will turned Stained Glass/Jungle Jacks into a successful business once again.

Last edited by Mikeywaz; 07/12/08 12:56 AM. Reason: added thought

mikeywaz
A
A
Sounds like the same recipe for success needed in a restaurant anywhere in the world...

AC is paradise but any business needs hands on managers. I wish them the best.

Sorry if I sound like negative on opening a business here I am a realist .As A business man I took lots of shots some good some bad some lost big bucks and some made big bucks it feels better to make$$$ then lose $$$ the feeling is much better !!! But I always did my home work I learned that fast ..And I new the risks and what it took to make it happen ,not always the case here in sanpedro as paradise clouds reason and thought process.And yesI know not all people who do not make it here think there world has exploded good for them I wish them luck ..As I know in business you have to be like the giant sea turttle ,if your going anywhere you got to stick you neck out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Living The Dream Every Day!
I second Cpatjeff, we opened a Thai Restaurant and we ran it for over 3 years. The planning took over 1 year before we moved out. My wife was the chef and from Thailand and I came from Yorkshire in England, so I know of hard work. It was hard work but very enjoyable and the people you meet stay with you for life. You need to plan and ask the right people the right questions and hope to get the right answers. Things do and will go wrong but we found out we could work them out. The most important things is getting the paper work right from the start.

If anybody would like more information PM me

John and Thipaya Jones
(Tastes of Thailand 2003-2006)

John so nice to hare from you hope all is well .And on that note I loved there place it was very good .Stay well Wish you guys all the best...

Living The Dream Every Day!
I am here in England and Thipaya is Thailand at the moment, we are planning to move there in a year or so. We are now doing are homework before we move, just like we did before moving to San Pedro.

I was there a few weeks ago but only had 4 days in San Pedro, had a week with my brother on the main land.

Take care Captjeff and maybe see you next time.

Last edited by Inplub; 07/13/08 12:10 PM.
P
P
John, I really miss all of you and your restaurant. I hope Tippee (sp?) and the kids are well and enjoying all their new adventures. No more tamarind whole fish for me

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 262 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.