Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

"All people smile in the same language"
Thanks for the wake up call, Shopgirl. I use my canvas bags when I think of it, but will make more of an effort now. I sent this to everyone on my contacts list, and I hope every one who is on this board will do the same. I can't believe we as a population are so stupid.....duh...

At what age is it determined I am old enough to know better?
S
S
Fighting the tide of plastic bags in a world awash with waste
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/07/13/eco.plasticbagwaste/index.html

I believe all of this - what do we have to do to make this happen? How about bringing back paper bags so we have something biodegradable to use for garbage? I use my large cloth and small canvas bags to bring home stuff but have not found anything other than plastic for the garbage. I'm open for suggestions.
Oh - I sent this to all of my family - thanks for the link.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
OP Offline
I also carry my canvas bags with me and sometimes forget them in the car! blush In that case, if paper is not an alternative I will use the plastic as there are numerous recycling centers now, WalMart is one of them. As for the garbage bags I found an on line store called Green Home that sells them, they are a bit more expensive but to me worth it and I am also hoping that one day the bio degradable ones will become cheaper than the others!! laugh Try GreenHome.com for a large variety of bags. As with every thing, education is the key to the start of change. I am so impressed with everyones insight on this. Keep up the great work!

"All people smile in the same language"
Is it for real? How could that be all so pricey if you're merely on the recycle phase. and besides a recycle is one good option years ago before this BAN PLASTIC BAGS ever came in the picture. I am using reusable bags too, and into all into anti plastic campaigns but i never consider of recycle a not-so-good idea. think again

the harder you try, the harder it is to accept the failure

custom plastic bags
promotional plastic bags

Last edited by britney1988; 12/01/09 05:10 AM.
We just bought our first box of large trash sized Eco-Solution bags. Richie's store at the round-about carries the full line of Eco-Solutions TOTALLY degradable supplies. I urge everyone to show your true colors (put your money where your mouth is) and go buy some. If vendors see people streaming to Richie's they are going to wonder why and we need to tell them. GO GREEN.

Last edited by ScubaLdy; 12/01/09 05:24 PM.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
P
P
I'm sure I read somewhere that making paper bags consumes greatly more energy than making plastic ones. In any case, I find paper bags tend to degrade before I've even got them home with the shopping in. I do use canvas bags when I remember to take them, which isn't always.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 281 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.