Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#287703 07/08/08 01:55 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Hello to our old friends from Belize

This is a very sad day - Harry, my lovely husband of almost 40 years, died yesterday late afternoon in hospital where he had spent the past week trying to get over a bout of pneumonia. He's at peace now though after battling the horrible disease, Multiple System Atrophy.

Harry wanted a party, no funeral service, so we are having a party on Thursday and no-one is allowed to wear suits or dressy stuff - only casual clothes allowed. I've already told the funeral director that Harry is going to be dressed in an old Playador tee shirt, shorts and sandals - his uniform when he was in Belize and in summer up here.

Could you please tell everyone who knew Harry the sad news.

Sandra

Thanks Jesse. Harry and Sandra were always such a hoot!! I can see him wanting to party his way on to the next life.

We did have some great times at the Hotel Playador didn't we?

Please pass on our condolences.

S
OP Offline
S
Yup...the Original Crazy Canuck!

RIP Long live the Playador crew! Party on

A note from my parents:

"Sandra, sorry we can't make the party. we have only good memories about those Crazy Canuck days. Harry was a one-off".

Taff & Rose Elliott

S
S
Another fine example on how valuable the board is if used properly.....we pray peace for Sandra and her family on Harry's passing. Open Door Evangelic Ministries

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care
D
D

R.I.P.

T
Tom Offline
T
We had known about Harry's condition for some time and Sandra said she never thought she would see Harry reduced to sipping his beer through a straw. He enjoyed what he could as long as he could.
We have had our thoughts and prayers with sandra and their boys and will continue to pray that they find peace now that Harry is in a better place.
We bought unit #2-B and was the first condo up and rentable at Playador. It will always be Playador to me.
Kat
aka:TukiTuki

Amen Kat. It was the most fun and best job I ever had working with Harry. Those days will live forever in my mind. I will really miss you Harry. Love Always, Skinny

PS. Find out what I'm up to at www.broadjam.com/barefootskinny

Your's not in the Caye of "A"
It's been ten years since I last saw Harry, Sandra and his son. I cried today when I read the news. I spent a few months in A.C. back in '98, and Harry was just like a father to me. I hope Sandra knows that his smile lives on in many peoples memories. I spent practically everyday at the Playador, and will never ever forget the kindness and generosity of Harry and Sandra. Pabil roasts on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the time Henry pulled some strings and chartered a private plane for his son and I after we missed the last flight back from the mainland. I could go on and on. I extend my prayers to Sandra and her boys, I am so so sorry for their loss. And I thank them for such grand and fond memories.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 249 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.