Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
We eat light at breakfast and lunch and try to do a great meal at night. Now that is usually Wild Mango's, but it can also be the street vendors in town on the weekend. I have yet to find a meal that was more than what I would pay at home, and the food at Wild Mango's is great. We are flying in Friday the 18th of July (3 days) and we have already made our reservations for Friday night.

Mark Spencer
R
R
Hi! Just got back from San Pedro on Saturday. My husband and I recommend Ali Baba's. Great Middle Eastern food, very affordable (cheaper than NYC where we work). We are vegetarian but the menu offers chicken, etc. and they open at 10 am and close late. Cheers.

M
M
I am happy to see that JJ has opened Taste of India. I used to frequent his restaurant down South (mainland, and always loved the food. Taste of India is in Pauly's/Pasta La Vista's old location. The ambiance cannot touch that of Blue Lotus (of course) but great lunch specials at reasonable prices, Vindaloo Lamb, and Curry Chicken for dinner are just a few items to start with. Lend them your support and if you are an Indian food fan, try it out!

C
C
What are the prices like at Taste of India? Do they have butter chicken and Dahl?

That is amazing news. I love Indian food.

Where are they located?

S
S
We had the Butter Chicken last night, $26 for a decent sized portion. Two big Samosas for $8, enough for lunch.

We split a $48 meal between 3 people and all were stuffed at the end.

Definitely recommended.

They're located in the old Pasta la Vista location right across from the 5 a side court.

the problem with the Indian restaurant(Pasta la Vista) is the mould growing on the walls-it is dirty both toilets and the eating area -could not look in the kitchen(we had already ordered and I was hungry) -food ok but not real english indian food(that makes sense for the english)-the indian vindaloo london style is not spicy or hot

I have throroughly enjoyed the food I have had as take-out. The vindaloo could probably be a little hotter. But all in all the serving portions are good (large), the food flavour and meat textures were excellent.

The restaurant itself is grim - I don't think I will ever go and have a sit-down meal there. They would have to conduct a major overhaul it make it even half way decent. And of course there isn't really anywhere to park.

The prices are a little steep - but the portions are large enough to be shared.

I will eat the food there again and I hope this restaurant can survive the slow season because I LOVE indian food. I don't know about English indian food, but authentic indian food is always a pleasure.

The big question is where does one find a restaurant meal in September! Forget the list of what is closed ......... a list of what is open would be great.
Also super news about Taste of India - maybe a new venue - me too on loving indian food.

Oh Diane you have voiced one my concerns of the month!! Where oh where are we gonna eat??????

We'll have to post a list when we have ascertained which restaurants will be open.'

On another note, we haven't seen the Sausage Factory open either. So you can't eat out and you could have trouble with variety whilst cooking in!

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.