Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Suzy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I will appreciate any information on were I can stay for the week of the 6th to the 13th. We were going to stay at Ramons but do to the horrible effects of the hurricane I must now look for a new place. Please HELP me, it's suposed to be our honeymoon. Any information on a place with availability that week will be greatly appreciated.

How about somewhere on the southern shore - Placencia or Dangriga. There are many lovely places that didn't get any damage in that part of the country. Email me if you want me to look into it or check out www.placencia.com or www.jaguarreef.com for starters.
Barbara www.barbsbelize.com

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
i've never been, but i hear the places barb mentioned are nice. if you are set on ambergris, i understand victoria house is only slightly damaged and will be open. they have a web site you can hit from the home page. good luck.

S
Suzy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank for all your help, you are all being really nice. I'll look into all these places but it's going to be hard to find availability for that week. At least a few of the places that I checked were already booked. Thanks

L
L
It will be hard to find accomodations with this short notice. My husband and I were scheduled for our first visit to A.C. on 11/18 to 11/26 to celebrate our 40th birthdays. We have decided to cancel and reschedule to May. Very disappointed, but want to wait for a few months to give them time to get everything back together. Congratulations and hope you find somewhere to stay!

Suzy,

Frankly, I'm surprised that places in Placencia are fully booked in early November. That's still off-season (still hurricane season as a matter of fact). Placencia is usually pretty slow off-season. The impact of the hurricane on Belize is likely to be that people will cancel everywhere in the country, even though Placencia and most of the country were undamaged. That's what unfortunately usually happens after a big storm.

If you're looking for something nice in Placencia, I'd try Inn at Robert's Grove, Rum Point Inn, Kitty's (the beach cabanas) and Luba Hati (Luba Hati may not be open then -- they close off-season.) A step down but still very nice are places like Nautical Inn, Serenity, Green Parrot, Singing Sands and others.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
S
S
Suzy, our one bedroom (a condo in Paradise Villas) is free that week. It was booked, but the people cancelled as soon as they heard about the hurricane without waiting to see if there was any damage. So its now available.
I have every expectation that it will be fine. I hope to hear from our manager later today, but the word on all the Paradise Villas condos is that the damage was very limited and all will be in good order by the end of the month.
If interested, you can email me at:
[email protected]

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
B
B
Suzy,
Take Susangg's advice. Things will a little "messy" but the whole Caribbean is a little "messy" most of the time. From what I can gather the biggest problem in a few weeks will be the lack of the swaying coconut palms for the obiligatory pictures.

S
Suzy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you so much, Paradise Villas sounds like a go, I will look into it and contact my travel agent about this. I'm working with BelizeTradewinds here in the US, and they have been looking for accomadations in Placencia, but I still prefer to go to AC.
Thanks!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.