Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#289646 07/21/08 10:24 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Why do we say the Earth is flat, when the vast majority says otherwise?
Because we know the truth.
http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/FlatHome.htm

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. --Carl Sagan

Here's the fixed link:
http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
S
OP Offline
S
I posted this for certain persons who inhabit the message board but I can't name them...I'm sure you know who I'm thinking of.

I find smug dogmatic self-righteousness extremely annoying regardless of which end of the political spectrum it emanates from.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
Quite amusing, and defiantly the sort of thing Jesse would cut and post, while way beyond anything he could ever dream of writing himself smile

If you wish to throw rocks at (certain) people, try and make them your own rocks, even if they will only be tiny little ones?

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Now Jesse, everyone needs a good delusion or two; they say delusions are as necessary to happiness as realities. Of course thinking one's view of reality is the only reality that exists is a pretty dangerous delusions. wink

Of course there's something to be said about Lily Tomlin's take on delusion: "Delusions of grandeur make me feel a lot better about myself." laugh

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by pugwash
Quite amusing, and defiantly the sort of thing Jesse would cut and post, while way beyond anything he could ever dream of writing himself smile

If you wish to throw rocks at (certain) people, try and make them your own rocks, even if they will only be tiny little ones?

Surprising that you posted here as this wasn't aimed at you. I suppose you needed to exhibit your fantastic writing skills once again.
I stick with plagiarism...you should consider the same.

I especially like the paragraph at the bottom of the home page.

"The Flat Earth Society is not in any way responsible for the failure of the French to repel the Germans at the Maginot Line during WWII. Nor is the Flat Earth Society responsible for the recent yeti sightings outside the Vatican, or for the unfortunate enslavement of the Nabisco Inc. factory employees by a rogue hamster insurrectionist group. Furthermore, we are not responsible for the loss of one or more of the following, which may possibly occur as the result of exposing one's self to the dogmatic and dangerously subversive statements made within: life, limb, vision, Francois Mitterand, hearing, taste, smell, touch, thumb, Aunt Mildred, citizenship, spleen, bedrock, cloves, I Love Lucy reruns, toaster, pine derby racer, toy duck, antelope, horseradish, prosthetic ankle, double-cheeseburger, tin foil, limestone, watermelon-scented air freshner, sanity, paprika, German to Pig Latin dictionary, dish towel, pet Chihuahua, pogo stick, Golf Digest subscription, floor tile, upper torso or halibut."

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Originally Posted by Jesse
Surprising that you posted here as this wasn't aimed at you.

It doesn't really matter who specifically you were aiming your comments at: This message board works because of the diversity of opinions, and anyone has the right to be heard, and then judged on their opinions!

The first goals of an oppressive regime, from the USSR to Nazi Germany to China to Iran are invariably to suppress the voices of the disenters, which is the basis for the sarcasm driving this (Flat Earth) website!

In the USA, we encourage them to speak and they frequently make fools of themselves,(although some need far fewer words to do so than others smile ) proving once again the wisdom of the founding fathers

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
H
H
John Payne + Word Perfect = Pugwash
"and they frequently make fools of themselves" What a quote. omnipotent in nature.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.