Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hi sons and daughters of JD ---- a little bit about how he sustained himself .......... JD was a professional painter here on the island - as in house painter, not on canvas. He was the most meticulous guy in that respect - did a great job, charged a fair price and cleaned up after the job was done. He indeed had a wry wit and a genuine sparkle in his eye.
Last time I talked to him he said he had stopped drinking to try to improve his health. He was a decent man - well loved.
Treasure the knowledge that he was doing what he wanted to do in a place that accepted him and let him be himself.

Diane so well put and so true..

Living The Dream Every Day!
I am sorry I missed the memorial at the Pier Lounge.

I plan to take a notebook to the ashes ceremony so that folks can put down a few comforting words and memories. I am also requesting that those that might have photos or other memorabilia of JD be kind enough as to share such pix with us. You can email pix to: <[email protected]>

We will be working on sending a cd of photos to send to the family along with the book.

Thanking all of you in advance.

D
D
To all the people who shared my dads life thankyou, its a great comfort to hear all about his life while he was there, although we missed him greatly it is wonderful to know that other people got to know the great man that he was x

E
E
JD epitomized what is best about the island. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you look. As long as you're friendly, have a good story and a good heart you're welcome. JD had all of those. I've only been there twice (both times this year) and San Pedro won't seem the same without JD.

God Bless The Reef!
G
G
Hello all, I am a rare visitor to this site, but have to say something about our lost friend, J.D.
We had a little ceremony for him yesterday evening at Caribbean Villas, a beautiful reading by the Reverend David, and then his good friend Steve had the honour of scattered his ashes off the dock. A wreath was sent from his family back in England, who it seems knew a different J.D. to the one we did. We are hoping to compile a disc of footage and photos to send to his family back in the U.K.
I am flying to England this Sunday morning, if anyone has anything that they would like to send to his family there, I will be more than happy to take it along with me and get it to them. You can drop it off to me at the Pelican Properties office during working hours, my name is Grant.
We also have a condolences book, for anyone that wants to put their feelings into words. This is the same book that was at the Pier Lounge on Monday and Caribbean Villas last night. The book will be with J.D.s family next week.
Finally, we have a substantial bill for J.D.s medical treatment and cremation that us Brits here are covering, but any donations will be gratefully received.
Thank you all.

I will be in London some time within the next month. If there is anything that can be MAILED from London to other parts of England, let me know.

R
R
We met JD for on our very first time to San Pedro at (butch's) Bar. A local divemaster and JD decided they were going to braid my long hair with straws...my husband Ralph just shook his head at the 3 of us .I knew he was laughing as much inside as we were on the outside. I must say that they did a fabulous job and I will never forget that moment in time.May your soul be at peace JD

yat Offline
Like someone just recently said...AC and San Pedro will not be the same without people like JD and Richie. It makes me sad to know that the people that I looked forward to seeing when I was on the island will not be there when I come back...and actually with the changes that have taken place over the past several years, I might not be back...and that makes me sad.
yat

What I have been contemplating the past few days is this: In the relatively recent past, SP has lost FOUR (and I mean this only in a positive way) island "characters". No need to mention names as we all know who.

Who on the island will take their places as those "cultural icons"? Who will be one of those faces we all look for upon return? Who will rise to represent the face of SP, the image we re-visit in our minds, when not there.........who?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.