Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#290938 07/30/08 09:02 AM
C
ceb123 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
we're coming down in October and wondering if anyone can recommend a boat/guide for us? Last year we went to the Bahamas (i know - why???) and found a guy who would take us snorkeling, fishing or whatever, then he would grab some fresh lobster from the sea and take us to a beach to cook our fish and lobster. it was a fantastic trip and we were wondering if there was such a thing on Ambergris. My last visit to Ambergris was 6 years ago (i know - can you believe its taken me this long to get back???) Any recommendations are much appreciated!!

Here are 2 options you can check into

//www.ambergriscaye.com/alfonso/

http://www.fishingsanpedro.com/

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Go to fishingsanpedro.com web site steve is a local gringo guy who ,books /brokers for ten of the some of best local guides on the island ..HE Takes credit cards for them ,a big plus and the prices are very fair..Dirt cheap compared to the states ..Enjoy your stay And live the dream ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
C
ceb123 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the input! Counting down till October!

What they said - Steve does a great job coordinating everything and runs a top notch operation with the guides. Do you recall which guide you used in the past because they may still be fishing.

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
C
ceb123 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I so enjoyed your trip report by the way! Great pics as well. The last time we were down there we stayed in Placencia to do some serious tarpon fishing. I cannot remember the name of the place we stayed or our guide. Not that it wasn't memorable, but it was 2001. By the time we came to Ambergris - it was simply R & R with a little snorkeling thrown in. A lot of rum and beaching. I hear things have changed quite a bit on Ambergris - discovery by many of a beautiful place! Did you have a big group with Steve? We were hoping to meet a few people but not a "tour" type of thing.

ceb123 - PM your way

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
No all you need is two ,fun loving people out to, live the dream A few bucks and your in for the time of your life ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!!!

Living The Dream Every Day!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.