Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#291548 08/02/08 05:39 PM
pugwash Offline OP
OP Offline
Ladies,

May I pose a question?

Prior to any redecoration of your master (mistress?) bathroom, please ponder the following: Do you derive more satisfaction from actually having your insignificant other change a toilet roll, or does the pleasure in fact come from having a free shot at him for his lack of performance while he shrugs and waits for you to finish, so he can say "yes Dear" before returning to whatever he was doing prior to being berated?

The key to this issue seems to lie with the choice of hardware. At each of our previous homes, the holder has been a combination of metal arms, with a spring loaded non co-operative finger pinching fly apart of its own accord piece of crap that I had little to do with: once the roll was empty, I'd be perfectly content to place a new one on the floor, out of the spray zone, but still within easy reach. Although this seemed to work fine, it apparently violated some secret Feng Shui accords, and was not to be tolerated (I really stopped listing after a while!)

When choosing new bathroom hardware, my wife selected an interesting little objet d'art that seems to consist of some sort of bent piece of wire hanging off a metal cotton reel that was available for a seemingly bargain price of "well under $100" . The unintended consequences are that I can slide off the empty and slide on the new full roll with almost no effort, which coincidentally enough is exactly with how much I'm prepared to expend in this enterprise!

We have lived in our new home for less than 6 weeks now, and already I have changed the toilet roll 3 or 4 times: I'm not sure if the look of disdain upon Mrs Pugs face is due to her having been deprived of her hobby, or if she's becoming a little annoyed that I feel the need to tell her, sometimes several times, when a changing occurs, but be warned ladies.....careful what you wish for wink

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Having met Mrs. Pug, I can't imagine she would be anything other that earnest in her desire to actually change your behavior (not to mention that actually changing your behavior seems to me to be a challenge worthy of such a strong adversary).

Having said that, I would like some ladies to answer your question -- maybe I've been hornswaggled myself.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
I see life can be complicated where you are. Here in Arkansas the only choice is what color the used 5 gallon pale should be that holds the corn cobs.

And there is the etiquette question: Should the bucket be left on the outside of the outhouse to be taken in, or should it be left on the inside and taken out?

S
S
In Belize its who should empty the bucket full of used paper...

E
E
by, these slickers don't have a clue what you're talking about.

what was the question?

i just change the roll...no big deal...who cares?

by & jesse - i can't comment on that but to be thankful.

The adult male in my household has always been very considerate in this respect. However, the new kid on the block has required some training. The second time he left an empty cardboard roll on the dispenser in the guest bathroom I allowed it to stay there with one slight modification:
[Linked Image]
I then removed all the extra TP from that bathroom. That afternoon, in his time of need, the lesson hit home. I can't take credit for the idea but I can say that it worked. wink

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
"Practice random acts of kindness, senseless acts of beauty, and stellar avoidance techniques."

Two out of three. wink

definitely kind to the next guest; I didn't think my handwriting was all that bad; and hey - some things just can't be avoided, no matter how hard you try wink

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
LA...THAT is priceless!!! Thanks for the belly laugh!

Change your Latitude
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.