Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
cdunbar Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hi,

The only time I have spent in Belize was in Ambergis Caye (although I went into the mainland and saw a mayan temple). My fiance and I are getting married in Ambergis Caye (with plans to snorkel at the reef and see that same mayan temple most likely). After the ceremony we want to go somewhere outside of Ambergis Caye to do our honeymoon. We could do the coast or we could go inland. I don't know maybe we go somewhere outside of Belize but I don't really see the point in that. Do any of you have suggestions? We are relatively active but we also like to relax on vacation. We love the carribean but maybe there is some unique stuff inland as well. Thoughts? Thanks!

A
A
Zoo, cave tubing, zip lines, Lamanai, reef fishing, flats (fly) fishing, Caye Caulker day rip and The Lazy Lizard, gold carting from south to north exploring, exploring the lagoon side,SCUBA, and yes lots of snorkeling too.

Coppola has 3 resorts on the mainland and then there's "The Private Island" that would be a really great Honeymoon stay. There is a LOT to do here, just hook up with one of the good excursion operators like Carlos at Suya Tours about 2 miles south of town.

Bob

Hey, When I was down there I went cave tubing and zip lining and spent some time at Jaguar Paw Resort. It was awesome. Here is a link to a blog posting about our time zip lining: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=260707428&blogID=406390918

I also talked with others that said the hiking cave tours were spectacular. I can't wait to check that out.

Good luck and have a blast!

Last edited by terrielinn; 08/05/08 05:23 AM.

It's great to be .....

C
C
for a change of scenery i would highly recommend the Coppola resort in the mountains, family stayed there a few years back and said it was amazing.....

Marumba spa is really nice. I went there on a day trip but they do have a hotel that overlooks the mayan temples..horseback riding, massages, and spa treatments. Check out the website, the rooms look AMAZING and romantic, may be good for honeymoon.

here are some pics of our trip to the mainland last year. we went with our kids, you may want something more romantic, as suggested above. just thought you might like to see what some of the mainland looks like. smile

http://www.pbase.com/sweetjane/belize_mainland_07

click on thumbnails to enlarge, or run the slideshow (top right)

Consider your self very fortunate as Janie does not usually allow others to see her trip pics!! laugh whistle

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
:P *pbbbfffftt*

Love Jane trip pics grin
go jane

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
P
P
Ian Anderson for cave tubing and Black Rock Lodge to ride horses through the jungle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.