Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Does anyone have experience with this technology? Or know if this will work on the island?

Brief Description:
The technology behind DTV4PC is called streaming-media. Transmissions from various television stations around the world are encoded into a format that can be transmitted across the Internet. DTV4PC detects and converts this data back into pictures and sounds that your PC can understand.

Thanks!
-Jean

from what I read it requires a high quality internet connection. Given from the connection issues in SP you might get it to work

S
OP Offline
S
Wow - looks like this might be where we are heading in the future, just not there yet! Thanks so much, Marty!

i have a USB plug that works excellent with public HD broadcast, or can take a signal in from antennae or cable. but i don't there are any public HD broadcasts in Belize. At least i haven't tried it yet outside the states. i'll ask around.

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 950 Hybrid TV Stick
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RHVOJM

works great with mac or PC

S
OP Offline
S
I am working on a MAC, so will consider in the future. Mainly just miss my BRAVO channel (which is not on the cable network).

I really appreciate your help on this smile

From the previous owner of a Belize TV station:

There are no HD broadcasts in Belize and hopefully not for a long long time as it is huge expense for broadcasters.

You might want to try the AppleTV. It allows you to purchase shows and movies from iTunes, as well as watch free video podcasts direct on your TV... and they have HD content too.

i agree. excellent device.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.