Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
B
Have you booked yet? I have heard good comments about Caribbean Villas too. You might want to check their website www.caribbeanvillashotel.com for specials too. About last 3 weeks they had the opening of their bar and a pool on October 1, 2008. They are just 13 minutes on the south of town. They have a nice bird sanctuary and a mini-reef at the end of their peir.

Good Luck:>)

If you want in town right on the beach, Rubys. I stayed there 10 days in March with no problems. It is older and needs some maintenance, but it is cleaned every day and sheets every two days. Get the room on the 2nd floor with doublec bed, porch and ocean side. Comes with AC and ceiling fans, but no TV or telephone. $60/night. Several other regular "boaders" stay there and all recommend it. Some don't like it because it does need sosme care. Don't stay on the 1sst floor, to noisy inthe morning. But it is were I will say from now. 2 blocks from airport right on the beach and the great "johhny cakes" and fruit for breakfast - Cheap.
//ambergriscaye.com/rubys/index.html
There are lots of good places, just depends on what you want, but if your wife is picky, listen to the ladies and not guys. We'll just get you in trouble.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Look at Mayan princess, center town great balconies but no pool
lili's a couple doors down at $65 a nite. Spindrift & Holiday hotel at around $100. I like the Tides at just under $100 Pool & bar & on site dive shop with free hot breakfast, North edge of town.

I've stayed at rubys a few times & it is ok But my wife would never stay there

i love ruby's....i usually travel solo, get a single room with a fan and private bath...$25 u.s. per nite including tax...rooms are clean...great deal!

You didn't mentiom if you care about a pool...but IMO
you should bring your own masks & snorkels
Many docks have decent snorkel dips. I like Amigos Del Mar Dive Shop & rent fins there. Loved their night snorkel trip to Hol Chan Reserve.
Hotels on the beach near Amigos are nice, no pools but reasonable & Safe. Lily's, Conch Shell both have rooms with upstars porches, Mayan Princess might be what you're wife would like. Downtown, the Spindrift balcony rooms are nice enough. Also Next door to my favorite restaurant Estel's dine by the Sea - perfect for breakfast amd when she is closed I eat at Celi's at the Holiday Hotel or Lily's. Always wanted to stay at the Holday Hotel, sort of fancy but traditional, your wife might like it. Nice beach & Staff.
Depends on your wife...I always settled for less on the room so $$ is available for other fun activities!
Rooms with a fridge & balcony or nice beach can save lots of $$ on beverages & snacks. Plus have plenty of free fun on the balcony or beach.
Good Food everywhere - and bar b ques too.
Tell this board what you want & they will tell you their favorite. Estel would cook our Fish filets any way we chose and she serve coffee in a thermos, if you like to watch the sunrise over the blue caribbean and have your feet in the sand, that is my place.
Our guide would take us fishing, then we would snorkel, then he would cook a shore lunch of fresh fish & veggies & tortillas....YUM - then fish & snorkel home to the porch!
Some favorite snorkel docks- Amigos Del MAr, Victoria House, Ramon's.
Favorite snorkel spots - Mexico Rocks, Tres cocos, the San Pedro cut or channel, Hol Chan. Many nice places between Caye Caulker & San Pedro so that is a nice fishing - snorkel trip also. My guide is no longer available but there are many reccomended on this site.
The San Pedrano is my favorite store then Rocks
Belize it!

We've stayed on the ground floor at Maya Princess 2-3 times and it was great...lovely to sit on the patio and watch the water, boats, and people! Nice breeze too. But they are not 'inexpensive'.. This Nov. we're going to try the Caribbean Villas, good contacts with their people regarding info,etc. and liked the idea of the bird sanctuary too. Also my hubby's not much of a swimmer, so tires quickly when snorkeling--but liked the idea that if he wants, he can walk down the steps at their dock to the artificial reef. Supposedly one can sit on the steps and watch the fish from there (with a mask/snorkel I assume--or holding one's breath??)
You've GOT to eat breakfast at Estel's..wonderful!
(BY THE WAY..a helpful hint...take a set of old fashion rubber drain plugs..cheap, and helps avoid "bugs" even during mating season!! We learned that one last time!!)

"Sometimes I go this way, sometimes I go that way-but it's always MY way!" LOL! "Cheshire" in CA
Cheshire54 a good tip for your hubby if you do go snorkeling is a life jacket, flutter board or floaty ring.

When I was invited to go on a kids in action trip I had my fins which are short in length so sometimes make snorkeling more of a work out than I am looking for. The guides on the boat offered all the kids and chaperons life jackets to put around their waist in case they got tired. I decided to use one too and it was wonderful when ever I wanted a break from swimming I could comfortably float for a bit and catch my breath.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.