Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#292645 08/10/08 12:38 PM
pugwash Offline OP
OP Offline
There is just so much to see on a ride through the bike trails of Plano .

Almost as soon as we started out we noticed a small figure wobbling towards us. He was maybe 5 or 6 years old, of Chinese heritage with not only a helmet, but knee and elbow pads and wrist braces, and he looked ready for battle! His head was tilted back to stop his helmet falling forward over his eyes, which were adorned with glasses that seemed to be made from the bottom of coke bottles, and as he got closer, we pulled over to the side of the trail, but to no avail! Despite warning shouts from his mother, who was following behind, he rode straight into us: "Vely solly" she said "He just lemoved tlaining reels!" and with that we headed south and Rance Almslong sped on northwards to wreak havoc upon anyone else whose path he crossed smile

A few miles further along, we encounter the "washboard" section: it is here that a gaggle of young boys with skateboards congregate, supposedly to enjoy the bumps in the trail, but judging from the snigger's that can be heard as we ride by, even a semi cute woman of advancing years can be enthralling for those just discovering the joy of jiggling mamories!

In the distance I see a man with 2 women, presumably his wife and daughter, approaching an oscillating sprinkler head at the side of the trail: by the time I get to them, the girls look like they are about to enter a wet T-Shirt contest, while dad has walked through untouched. They are complaining that it isn't fair that he is still dry! As I pass him I say "Isn't that whole time/space concept thing wonderful" to which he replies " The scary thing is, they both have drivers licenses!". Its a short exchange, but with 100% mutual understanding: men don't seem to need a lot of words sometimes. He shrugs and I nod in empathy. When Jane catches up to me, for some reason, she is soaking wet smile

We turn for home, and its the high spot of our day.....the hot couple! They are about 25 years old with no discernible body fat, and seemingly have no problem chatting while running 6 minute miles! He wears nothing but shorts while she is about 5-10, with washboard abs, golden skin and long blond hair, sort of like a fit Paris Hilton in a spray on top and running briefs.I am smitten! I believe Mrs Pug may find him mildly attractive also, but the old tart is too busy licking her lips and drooling to answer my query!

I think to myself that I wouldn't mind seeing their home movies, but hey as long as I'm only thinking it, no one will know, right?...

Almost home now, and then its English Brunch: Sausage, Bacon, Egg, Tomato, Mushroom, Fried Potato's and Toast with HP Sauce and several cups of Tea

Its so good to exercise...leads to a healthy body and mind, so I'm told wink

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Pug, thanks for sharing your experiences. You have such an amazing prespective on every day events.
Please do not start your own blog, stay with us!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
grin

smile It sure beats the walking mouth.

Love it Pug smile

Great writing style Pug - ever considered writing a book of short pieces?

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

pugwash Offline OP
OP Offline
"The Adventures of Taco Girl and SJ?"

Or were those not the short pieces you had in mind?

Thanks for the props though, I should be more gracious wink

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
L
L
Pug, I don't know what you had for breakfast, but I want some!

I heard the breakfast in question is available at Mimi's Cafe! laugh

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
i'll just shut up and take the compliment! wink

now that is one odd definition of compliment! laugh

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.