Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#293328 08/15/08 12:55 PM
OP Offline
Last month, BWS came by because they said "We noticed your water usage was low." Ok, I'm ok with that, and then I told them that we had been out of the country and had turned our water off, so I'm sure that's the problem. They insisted that the meter was bad, and that they had to change it....ok fine, no problem, as long as I have water in the cistern and the well, I don't use BWS water. While they were in the yard changing the meter, they lounged all over our lounge chairs, took the hoses off the outdoor spigots (and never got them on correctly, I had to go out and tell them that those spigots were well water and they would never get a reading from those), and they left all the spare parts and pieces laying in the yard from their "changing the meter".

At any rate I get a bill today for their "guesstimated" amount of $249.13 from July 11 to July 31, and another 'reading' on August 4 for $276.96. (Their bill says the meter reads 648 gallons, I just went out and checked and today, 9 days after they read the meter, it says 44.1 gallons)

A phone call confirmed that they had simply "guessed" the amount of water we would have used had our meter been working properly.

After dealing with them before on a similar overcharge matter, I have no doubts that when the "supervisor" returns on Wednesday, this will not be resolved.

Anyone have any ideas/contacts that I can get in touch with outside the San Pedro branch?

Cindy

Last edited by shuffles; 08/15/08 01:08 PM. Reason: add content

Change your Latitude
D
D
Originally Posted by shuffles
Last month, BWS came by because they said "We noticed your water usage was low." Ok, I'm ok with that, and then I told them that we had been out of the country and had turned our water off, so I'm sure that's the problem. They insisted that the meter was bad, and that they had to change it....ok fine, no problem, as long as I have water in the cistern and the well, I don't use BWS water. While they were in the yard changing the meter, they lounged all over our lounge chairs, took the hoses off the outdoor spigots (and never got them on correctly, I had to go out and tell them that those spigots were well water and they would never get a reading from those), and they left all the spare parts and pieces laying in the yard from their "changing the meter".

At any rate I get a bill today for their "guesstimated" amount of $249.13 from July 11 to July 31, and another 'reading' on August 4 for $276.96. (Their bill says the meter reads 648 gallons, I just went out and checked and today, 9 days after they read the meter, it says 44.1 gallons)

A phone call confirmed that they had simply "guessed" the amount of water we would have used had our meter been working properly.

After dealing with them before on a similar overcharge matter, I have no doubts that when the "supervisor" returns on Wednesday, this will not be resolved.

Anyone have any ideas/contacts that I can get in touch with outside the San Pedro branch?

Cindy

I've has several interesting disputes with the old WASA and one with BWL and my advice is to get a larger vat, a spare standby pump, gutters on your house for catching rainwater and forget about wasting time complaining. I don't think you can win with folks who don't let facts get in the way of their decision making process. Make that BWS vs BWL

OP Offline
Thanks Bill...I have a large cistern for rainwater and a well, both on pumps and both of which work without city water unless we are extremely busy and/or we get no rain for long periods of time.

I have, however, found out that there are certain persons in most of the utility companies who will actually listen to the facts, and consider them when making a determination about billing. My biggest concern here is that the meter reading was simply pulled out of thin air, and does not match my meter, so this saga will continue if not stopped right away.

I can waste time on many things, and complaining about utility bills is very very low on the list.

Change your Latitude

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.