Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
skippy Offline OP
OP Offline
I thought this was quite interesting.
Might explain some American anti-Americanism as well

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
I believe I saw a poll not too long ago stating that a high percentage of Brits thought that Churchill was a fictional character.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Thanks, skippy, very interesting!

Amazing how facts can be skewed, isn't it? Propaganda/spin has a nasty habit of burying facts with a preference for an expectant outcome. It will be interesting to see what happens when fact can stand on it's own (like that could ever happen)as far as the perception of others.

It's great to be .....

Its not really surprising is it?

The majority of people in both Britain and the USA get their information from mainstream media, and process it with skills learned (?) in public schools!

We should remember that in the US, knowing which 2 countries border the lower 48 states was a daunting task for many high school kids, so why would we expect more as they age?

It should also be noted that travel really does seem to broaden ones knowledge base, and that this board is a prime example: although many here have strange opinions sometimes, at least they have formed them based on some actual thought process of their own*

* or the cut and pasted someone elses smile

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
I don't want to take offense as I'd much rather take a fence (white painted picket around 1+ acres with a 4-5 Bed 3 bath home); however, I am on the school board of a public school district and am quite proud of the quality of student that graduates from here. I am just going to say, get the federal gov't out of local control and public schools will have a much better turnout throughout the country. Of course that is my own opinion*.

and no, pug I would agree that it is not really surprising and travel does broaden one's knowledge base.

*Sorry, too lazy to find someone else's opinion to cut and paste. So, it's a bit strange of my own accord.

BTW, have I told you lately that I enjoy many of your posts as they make me actually have to think.

It's great to be .....

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 328 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.