Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#294204 08/21/08 09:37 PM
C
Cooper Offline OP
OP Offline
C
The week is ending and well over 100 island dogs and cats have been spayed, neutered and helped by World Vets visiting Caye Caulker. Madi Collins set up clinic at her P.A.W.S center, Dawn and Kathy from Belize Dive Services did the same, also Dawn and Kathy concentrated on the strays, and helping those that had to be seeked out, paying fees for the visiting vets from donations and treating everyone to a great DAY OFF with snorkel and dive trips..Also thanks to Tsunami Tours...so much thanks to you..Madi, Dawn and Kathy............and the wonderful Vets and Techs from World Vets.....

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
S
S
hmmmmmmmmmm/
/sounds like there are still other good pipl who care fi dem lee creatures....'thank you'...i'm sure..came from those helped

yeah...what he said!

Congratulations on a great job! That is a wonderful service for the island, it's people and most of all it's pets!!!!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Thank you thank you thank you all for doing this great service. I know it will make a difference for all concerned.
God Bless you all.

At what age is it determined I am old enough to know better?
P
P
Thank you Madi Collins! If it was not for your tenacity, none of it would have been possible. It is difficult to do all the required paperwork to get the BAHA approval.......you did what nobody else could do for the island of Caye Caulker. Also thanks for all the people who donated trips, lodging and time to assist the Vets while they are here. I like this article from the Caye Caulker Chronicles: http://www.cayecaulkerchronicles.com/?p=206

C
Cooper Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Not to forget Belize Dive Services that raised all the money for government fees etc etc,that each vet had to pay. they worked constantly on this project for months while Madie was gone..arranged housing, providing free Padi certification for visiting vets. Arranging meals at restaurants. Endless hours of going through the island seeking out animals needing help, not just waiting for appointments, for years these ladies have spend thousands of their own dollars on animal needs, running hurt animals back and forth to Belize City in critical condition, never turning a animal away, or saying they are full..Madi did a fine job getting the ball going, and we are so thankful she is here to help, but she certainly did not do it alone, it was a lovly article she has in Caye Caulker Chronicles glorifying herself but how sad those that put in all the hours and time and money were left out...Its all good, boy what a great job they all did, Madie, Belize Dive services, the restaurants, Hotels, what a great combination of alot of help, I am sure the rest of the folks that helped are not looking for Kudos, I personally think they deserve them.....The wrong person here is getting glorified....donations coming in to her yet no accounting of where they are being spent, except her trips to Cancun....

P
P
Debbie, I think you are misinterpreting my comments. All the ladies have done a wonderful job......nobody has denied it or wants to. Let's face it, Caye Caulker is an animal loving island. I think it is a wonderful thing! What Madie accomplished has NOT been done before. Let's give credit where credit is due. It was a lot a paperwork and red tape to get BAHA to approve. As far as I know, she was gone for 3 days PRIOR to the Vets arrival(not for weeks like the others). She had an itinerary planned, lodging, tours all planned for the event. It is my understanding that the Dive services jumped in to do things "their way" without consulting Madie. I personally don't think that was fair or just of them. After all......it was not their accomplishment. What should have happened was cooperation and an exchange of ideas with one goal in mind "helping our animal population". Those wonderful Vets that came all the way here to help us......they should not have been put in a situation of a human "cat and mouse games". It gives a very poor image of our island. My comments were simply giving thanks as I saw appropriate.

F
F
My sentiments exactly, let's give credit where credit is due & not because they are your friends! Madi Collins has only been back to her home town of Caye Caulker for the past 5 years and has accomplished what Dawn & Kathy from the Belize Diving Services has never managed to accomplish in the 12 years they say they have been working with animals and this is what they just cannot accept. No one is denying the work they have done, I think most people would respect that, but why are they finding it so difficult to accept what Madi has done and commend her for it? Do they think they can take care of all the animals of Caye Caulker, is that it? Their idea of taking care of the animals of Caye Caulker has been dumping them in Kenny's yard or either taking money from the Caye Caulker Village Council to trap healthy cats and euthanize them. Of course this is why they SAY they don't refuse an animal because they personally don't do all the hard work caring for the animals, not like Madi does with the 56 cats, 4 stray dogs and one duck who live at PAW sanctuary & Humane Society and yet find space & time to take care of all the animals Dawn & Kathy refuse from others telling them to take it to Madi. How many animals do Kathy & Dawn have? And, they see this as a solution, how wrong! Meanwhile the cats they dump at Kenny's are running around defecating in well know businesses like Rainbow Hotel and hurting business which of course is not the cat's fault. What do they do with the donation money they have been collecting in their business for the past 12 years; at least they could have been giving the cats at Kenny's some decent food and not feeding them plain liver which makes them sick with diarrhea. What is really sad is that we have two women Dawn and Kathy trying so hard to get credit for something they did not do that they stoop so low as to try and sabotage all the work Madi Collins had already done. They try changing the hosting organization's name on the temporary vet license application from P.A.W. Sanctuary & Humane Society to Belize Humane Society and switch the license Belize vets name from Dr. Orlando Baptist to Dr. Yagamuchi. After finally finding & correcting what they tried to change, the application was approved based on the conditions that the vets MUST practice at P.A.W. Sanctuary & Humane Society under the supervision of license Belize vet, Dr. Orlando Baptist. But of course they were not happy with that so they went ahead and ask their friend Dr. Shiela Schleming who sits at the head of the Belize vet board to give them verbal approval for the US vets to come practice at Belize Diving Service knowing what they were doing was illegal. Meanwhile Madi was running around town trying to fix the mess they made out of the application she filed, doing all the hard work and they did nothing, but all it took was for them to have a friend who sits at the head of the Belize Vet board. Naughty, naughty!! How shameful! The things people would do to get attention.
Keep your chin up and keep on rocking Madi! We commend you for a job well done. You go girl!

fair #294397 08/23/08 05:28 PM
C
Cooper Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Madi did a great job I am not saying she did not, but I was also along for the ride, with how difficult this was to put togather, also know the feelings of the Vets and Techs while they were here, also know where the donations came from, and what was spent, If Belize Dive Services were getting all the credit, then I would probably be thinking that was unfair, still They are our only real humane society, I cant get orphaned animals in at Paws, Paws still sends folks in need over to Belize Dive Services... If you have a critically injured animal only Belize Dive Services will take their own boat to the city for you, or jump on the water taxi or plane. I am not going to get nasty here and say what the vets and techs had to say, in the end its the well being of the island and its animals that are most important, that what a wonderful job was done, and without the help of alot of folks including Madie, this would not have happened, and yes, we should give credit where credit is due, The World Vets say they will be back, mabe next year, now they have been here, they say they will be returning with some changes made. Golly geee..woudnt it have just been so simple to offer up some thanks, than for this to turn into ALL THIS..........Im not even coming back to read this stuff anymore....its about the animals..NOT AGENDAS.......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day