Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
A sizable crew, headed by Elito Arceo just passed through Mata Grande headed north. They are cleaning ALL the beaches from town al the way up through Robles. Passing in front of our house I could see one of the large Seaduced boats, piled high already with bags of beach trash. This crew commented that at least half the trash looks Belizean. That's bad news about the consciousness of our residents, but there is a ray of sunshine in this fact - we CAN control this 50% if we all do our part.

Hats off also to Journey's End, which recently cleaned their vacant property north of the resort. This has long been a total eyesore area, but now it's like a parkway.

Not sure who is funding this clean-up, but let's find out and see if we can keep it going!

Last edited by Diane Campbell; 08/22/08 10:44 AM.
Great stuff! It would be nice to know who is responsible so we can let them know we are grateful.

I am an early morning person and every beach we visit I try to pick up trash as I enjoy the solitude. I hope there are trash cans along the beach and I will do my part to pick up trash each a.m. If we all "pitch in" it isn't such a large task. Leave it nicer than you found it and hope the person there before you did the same.

Play, Love, Share and Enjoy - it doesn't last forever make sure you get the most out of it.
OP Offline
I'll try to find out the details on who these angels are and let everybody know. Probably San Pedro Business Association ......

man this is SWEET!!!!!
pics from Diane Campbell, thanks Diane!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

SWEEEEEEEEEET Indeed!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Beautiful!

S
S
for more than 12 yrs now...i've collected medical waist offah the beaches from palapa to rubys.....it's disgusting.....needles..galore....bottles of medicine.... suringes with needles in them.... and all kind ah medical probes and equipt,
i have collected easily ,over 3 , 5gal pails of this crap....
myself and evan vernon....will eventually [when i get home]... get the ''SAFE BEACH'' program started in every school in san pedro....and eventually innna all ah bz...
to teach dem pickney to basically ..understand a procedure for playing safely on our beaches.....as it pertains to medical waist.....
there is...daily , deadly medical waist arriving on our beachfront....
i had collected and burnt stuff for yrs....then one day... i set my foot down.... not 18 ft from 3 kids...all under 5yrs old.... i looked down,,,for some reason....and there in the washed up seagrass...beside my right foot....was a suringe....with needle ....and full of some blk goo...sticking str8 up 1/2 an in. from my instep......
i looked at dem kids , as they roled and played in the waters edge... and realized thier awareness , and their parents...is parramount....to thier safety.
thats when i started saving the stuff....evryday,,,,finding more.....[especially when those tour ships were in bz].....
finally mr. vernon..and i met to build a program to take to the schools...
we havent finalized anything yet...other than realizing the need...and attaining commitments and possitive feed back from some medical personel as well as educational staff..and polititions.
but .... when i return home.... this old busted up head... and Evan...is gonnna get this thing done....
we'll start with the near-full 5gal pail that awaits in his office....!

Last edited by sneaky; 08/22/08 07:36 PM.
N
N
Sneaky if your collecting waist stuff then you need to leave the girls alone and collect waste stuff.

Sorry, I da devil made me do it. My spellin is so bad I tell people if I can't smell sh*t I can't spell it.

And good for you. We go to St. Croix a lot and I always try to take a garbage bag with me to collect trash on the days we go to the beash.

K
K
Sneaky,
Evan Vernon has not been on the island lately.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 300 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.