Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
see if you can find a product called Terro . .it's a sticky sugary poison. you put a couple of drops on a piece of paper and leave it in the area you've been seeing the ants. they take it back to their nest and, in a day or two, no more ants.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
But you gotta be careful. If you have kids or pets you have to be very discriminating with your poisons.

Amanda, agreed . . we only put it on the counter behind things. you only need to use a piece of paper about 1 inch square for those tiny sugar ants.

I have never lived in an ants-free-house in my entire life so my opinion is biased. As long as they don't march in columns through my house I have no problem with them and leave them alone. Only on the mainland of Belize, you have to leave your house for a few days when the travelers ants come in (they leave your house cleaner than clean afterwards though).

Leaving a dirty orange juice glass overnight is nothing, canukgirl; when you really have them trained you can leave your dishes dirty and they will clean them for you in a few days, so they are ready again to use! Look at the bright side of nature!!

<<Sigh>> some people are just meant to live in concrete... and yes, you can kill the lil harmless sugar ants with the poisonous drops.

Live and let live
Now I feel just terrible, and I don't even live in concrete!!

We bought a house here in Pg that was infested with the tiny sugar ants(crazy ants they are called here} I bought the Terro and in two weeks they were gone. It is sold in a trap here in PG so that the kids and pets cannot get into it, as well as the bottle you pour out on a piece of paper.

Thanks for this post. Having the ants do the dishes for me is one thing. Having them do the dishes before I'm finished eating is a whole 'nother story!

NJG Offline
A friend told me to try this remedy and so far it has worked.
Mix it in a spray bottle.
2cups of vinegar
4tbs of liq.dish soap
1/4 cup of water
just spray any place you see the ants, they will go away.
At first I only did small area to test it, but when I saw the ants gone, now I just clean all my counters and sink area with this solution and do not have any so far.

B
B
Here's a trick my great aunt taught me. Ants won't walk across ground black pepper so you put a line of pepper at doors, windows etc. Hope that helps.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.