Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
P
But New Orleans is being compulsorily evacuated, in anticipation of what the authorities are saying will be worse than Katrina. Let's hope they're wrong.

About 4:00 PM this afternoon the reef rumbled and sitting in my jumbo hammock chair on my 2nd floor balcony I saw the strangest sight. The Boca Cut is just slightly north of my beach and the reef from the cut north was its usual gentle self. However, from the cut south it was churned into a high froth. I wondered if some really large ship had just passed through and I was seeing its wake.
Then the pounding against the sea wall began. There was regularity to the waves that came over the top. But after each wave hit there was a reverse wave going back out. Some six hours later it is still pounding.
The tides are high and low lying areas are flooded. I could not get to Delia's store yesterday.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
We missed most of the wave action due to being at the Miss San Pedro Pageant ............ but the boat-ride home at 11:30 pm was pretty interesting. As we traveled the SP river we could see high water everywhere. Seagrass way up on the beaches today ............... this morning the seas are (again) dead calm, skies are clear and it's really quite beautiful.

Wish we could send such a lovely day to Louisiana .......... the prospects for the good people there are dire. I did notice on a video stream from NO that the assisted evacuations (busses,trains etc) are allowing people to bring their pets. Mountains of animal carriers were sitting at evacuation sites. This move will save more than animals - it will save the people who love them and would not evacuate without them - and will give those under stress an emotional anchor at a terifying time. Kudos to the planners who made this decision.

if your interested to know, the evacuation out of the city this time around has been very smooth. most of the lower half of the state has been evacuated. most every thing is battened down and the re-enforcements are all in place ready to jump on the aftermath. im 50 miles north of the city and there are national guard at every interstate exit in my town directing traffic and setting up their posts to handle rescue, food, water, etc, should that need arise. i think this is going to go real smooth and jindal is going to make the prior administration look like fools, deserved or not. no doubt it is easier the seond time around.

fish

I
I
Thanks so much, Please keep us posted. Good luck and be safe!
Tina

Island Life
http://investinbelize.blogspot.com/

we will try as long as the power holds out. once the storm passes i do have a generator and will try to get back up.

can i be the forum action reporter on the storm? lol.

thanks for the well wishes.

fish

darrin, keep your head down and be safe!!!!

hey darrin....i'm here right along with u....a little farther north than u are....be safe...

things are good so far, havent lost power yet.

the worst is yet to come but so far just a little wind and rain.

fish

Be safe, hang on!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dare To Deviate
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.