Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#295042 08/27/08 08:43 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I am looking for suggestions on what a couple should do if they had a month for explore Belize. We are looking at doing the mainland for 7-10 days, Caye Caulker for 4-7 days and then San Pedro of course for the remaining 2 weeks. We are only beginning to explore our options. I think this would be a SUPER COOL adventure and really hope we can pull this off.

Last edited by colomojo; 08/27/08 08:44 PM. Reason: typo

Live Laugh Love
U
U
After you arrive in Belize City I'd take a bus out to Cayo District, San Ignacio for 5 days. Then either rent a car(nice drive through Hummingbird Highway) or bus it to Placencia for another 5 days. After that you can fly/bus to Belize City and go out to the Cayes from there. Spend 4-7 days in CC and your 14 days in San Pedro.

C
OP Offline
C
Is there anything in particular we should do or see while in Cayo, Plancencia and San Ignacio? I'd like to do the zip line and cave tubing while on the mainland, when we have been in San Pedro we didn't want to leave the island for that so I think that would be the prime time to take advantage of those activities.

Live Laugh Love
M, you be careful on those zip lines!!!!!!!!!!1

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks AZB - at the rate I'm going... laugh

Live Laugh Love
B
B
4-7 days in Caye Caulker seems aggressive...I would do 3 at most. It's a fantastic island, just very very very small. Definitely Cayo for 4-5 days, you might want to go to Punta Gorda...or down south a bit. You'll love it.

C
OP Offline
C
We spent a few short hours on Caye Caulker so we thought it might be worth checking out for a few days, sounds like time is better spent on Mainland for more days then CC for a few, then still be able to spend our last 2 weeks in SP. Neither time we were in SP for a week was enough so that is a given.

Live Laugh Love
just got back from the island...too tired to write. here are some mainland pics from last yr. maybe give you some idea about what to do in cayo.

http://www.pbase.com/sweetjane/belize_mainland_07

Great photos - seen them before but your pics are worth looking at again sj

Was nice seeing you and Bruce and meeting the boys. tacoboy says thanks for the dunhills. smile

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

smile thanks. back-atcha!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 266 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.