Here is a list I received from Dr. Mike Tewes who is in charge of Animal Health in Belmopan.
Emergency Plan (disaster) - Animal Health
Effects of hurricane on animals
1. Death by drowning
2. Displacement to higher grounds or to other areas that are dry.
3. Crowning of animals as they are placed in temporary pastures
4. Malnutrition : feed deficiency and poor quality pastures
- blackleg : as a result of flood
- foot - rot: as a result of wet, muddy conditions
- respiratory disease: from, crowding stress of transportation
- diarrhoea: from poor quality feed , intestinal parasites
veterinary medications to deal with above effects:
75 x 500 ml
100 x 250 ml
125 x 100 ml
25 x 500 ml
20 x 100 ml
10 x 100 ml
200 x 100 ml
24 x 100 ml
24 x 100 ml
urea molasses blocks
9000 x 50 lb
50 x100 (20 ml)
25 x 100 (10 ml)
25 x 100 (5 ml)
25 x 100 (3 ml)
50 x 100 (18 g)
50 x 100 (22 g)
25 x 100
1000 asst sizes
7 x 1 gal
15 assorted sizes
100 gel packs
hemostats, scissors, needle holders, etc
dart gun 3
dog catcher 8
pig snare 8
x-ray portable 2
protective clothing coveralls,boots,raingear
10 pair boots
This is a complete assessment....any of these items would be appreciated.
Dr. Tewes will take these items and distribute then throughtout the country as needed.
Please address packages to:
Belize Hurricane Relief Fund
c/o Dr. Mike Tewes
Belize Agricultural Health Authority
Please make sure the return address is on the package also in case it gets lost.
Email is: [email protected]
Please send Attn: Dr. Mike Tewes in the subject line.
If you are sending donations....please email him and let him know it is coming so he can watch for it.