Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
They are located at the corner of Coconut Drive where Pasta La Vista used to be, by the 5 a side court. I was so happy when I saw this restaurant had opened, it is great to have some variety. I tried it today, had the Chicken Tikka Masala, some Nan and Raita and all were very delicious! They have a nicely priced lunch menu, though what I had was a dinner entree and was enough for me and hubby to share. The owners/staff were also super friendly and courteous, and they have made the ambiance very nice inside as well. Check it out!!

I had a nice lunch from Taste of India today.

They have responded well to suggestions and now have a smaller portion, lower priced lunch menu.

P
P
I must try it, as like most Brits I'm addicted to Indian food! According to an English government minister a few years ago, the national dish of England is no longer roast beef & Yorkshire pudding, but is now chicken tikka masala.

Is it completely independent of Blue Lotus?

Thanks for the info girl! Makes me hungry reading what you had!

Went to Taste Of India last week for lunch. Lunch for two consisted of:

1 order samosa (2 samosa in the order - served with green sauce, spicy carrots and pickled onions)
1 chicken vindaloo (served with rice & salad)
1 beef curry (served with rice & salad)
1 order garlic naan
4 regular beers

Came to $55bzd - not bad

Food was good, AC was put on for us and ice water served upon request. JJ and Deepak were on the ball.

Place gets my vote.

Last edited by KnckrBckrNYC; 09/06/08 04:11 PM.
OP Offline
Protech, I don't know of any connection with Blue Lotus, as far as I know it's independent.

Too bad we can't get Indian beer here too - I love Taj Mahal (at least I think that's the name!)

Keepin'ItReel FishingTours&More AlbertoTrejo 6255373
6709986 reelitinbelize@yahoo.com
I just had lunch at Taste of India. It would have helped if I had someone with me who is familiar with the names of dishes. I did not communicate well with the waiter. I took a chance and ordered Buttered Chicken and explained I could not tolerate spicy on my lips. It was spicy but tolerable. I sure didn't understand how to eat it and the waiter led me to believe it was something to dip the flat bread in. Half way through I asked him to tell me the name of the dish and only then did I know to dig deep for the chicken. There was so much I brought half of it home. I think the appetizer was called DAN???
Anyway - if you like Indian food this place seems pretty authentic - the music certainly was.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Maybe papaDUM? Papadum is often served as an appetizer -- kind of a cracker or wafer, usually served with a dip or toppings. Naan (or nan) of course is the Indian flatbread, like pita.

Love that Indian beer!

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
I wonder if it's the same Taste of India that was here in Dangriga, then moved to Hopkins, now to San Pedro?

Originally Posted by belizegial
I wonder if it's the same Taste of India that was here in Dangriga, then moved to Hopkins, now to San Pedro?

Yes - JJ is the same owner - but I think he said the Hopkins place was still open.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 323 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.