Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24
OP Offline
Sunday, November 23rd @ BC's Beach bar, Time- 3:ish

In the big debate between who has the best BBQ one could argue that it is a 3 way tie between "Memphis" style, "Kansas City" Style and even "Texan" style (snicker snicker). Now even a bigger debate would be who has the best BBQ Sauce so circle November 23rd on your calendar as we will have the first annual People's Choice BBQ sauce contest.

To be a judge is pretty easy as you will pay for a official ballot and you get to sample all of the entries and then vote on your favorite, you can judge as many times as you wish.
At the conclusion of the contest we will announce the winner and the winner of the First Annual San Pedro Sauce BBQ Sauce off will donate said winnings to a charity of their choice. Maybe we can have a trophy if it doesn't go the way of the Reaper cup.

So if you think you got a good BBQ sauce then by all means please enter as your sauce can either be homemade or pre-bottled and we will accept all styles (Ketchup based, Mustard based, and Vinegar based) for the contest. Now the competition is going to be tough as the bragging rights are huge and those who have already thrown their basting mop into the bucket include;

The "Sweet but Sassy" BBQ Sauce by Shuffles

The "We don't call our sauces Masterpiece for nothing" sauce by KC Jayhawk

The "You go big or you go home" BBQ sauce by PalapaPappa

The "This stuff is so good it will make ya slap Momma twice on Sunday" Memphis BBQ sauce by Carbunkle Trumpet

The "Keep talking boys and girls, in Texas we do 2 things well and BBQ Sauce is one of them" Sauce by Divingcowgirl

The biggest problem that I see (other than keeping DCG, KC Jayhawk and myself from drinking all the beer) is finding an impartial ballot counter, anyone know where we can find one of those?

So how about it ChuckyRuth, Lonesum, and any of the others who I may be missing out who are also BBQ sauce aficionados you up for the challenge? We hope that you can attend and hopefully we can have a little fun on a Sunday!

[Linked Image]

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
Even though Californians don't BBQ (we "grill") count me in. I'll be there with my "It's so good it should be a felony" offering.

And remember: res ipsa lager - the beer speaks for itself... wink

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
i could never choose between all these wonderful people (and food) that i like so well, but maybe my hunny (and former chef), Bruce, would make a fair judge? or one of a panel?

Changing my travel plans so that I can be there!...

TQ you go Girl!!!

Dare To Deviate
A
A
Can I exhibit my Belize BBQ Sauce and some wing sauce? Not sure I am allowed to enter the competition.

YES!!!! I'm thinking it must be SINfully delicious!

Yeah, TQ! was it all that arm-twisting I did this morning? wink

Originally Posted by AdvantageRealty
Can I exhibit my Belize BBQ Sauce and some wing sauce?

Colonel Burkeys secret herbs and spices?

I keep eating, and I keep getting hungrier........

Last edited by pugwash; 09/09/08 04:26 PM. Reason: couldn't spell SIN

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
OP Offline
Man this is great! Keep em comming Gang!
LA - We welcome your tofu offering of California BBQ sauce
TQ - glad you came to your senses and are going to play with the rest of the kids that weekend!
Chris - we welcome all, not sure if we will have time for a wing sauce this time around but bring what you got!
SJ - does hunny accept bribes? If so SURE! This actually is going to be people's choice but we welcome his input!

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.