Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Hotels for this weekend [Re: divingcowgirl] #297958
09/10/08 10:19 AM
09/10/08 10:19 AM
Houston
travelqueen Offline
travelqueen  Offline
Leah Ann is really good like that.

PS, you'll meet so many cool folks while you're down there. Just make a deal with yourself to take you're mind off of "her" the moment you start reminiscing. I know it's hard but it can be done and TIME is the only real thing that will cure a heartache (I was joking about hooking up).

Glad the reschedule of the travel has ended up working in your favor. Things happen for a reason!

Re: Hotels for this weekend [Re: travelqueen] #298016
09/10/08 02:49 PM
09/10/08 02:49 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
P
PSUhorty Offline OP
PSUhorty  Offline OP
P
Don't yell at me!

I cancelled the itinerary. Not coming to SP next week frown
Trust me, I'm sad that I'm not going, but after thinking about it more, the break-up is still too raw/recent and there would be waaaaay too many things to remind me of the ex while down there.

Now, would I have some good times down there? You betcha. But I can gaurantee that I'd have some pretty depressing moments too, for sure. The problem lies in that I can't even begin to quantify how much I will feel either of those emotions... happy or depressed. Not until I step onto the island will I know. The risk ($$$) is simply too high is all. Hey, if it were going to Chicago, that'd be a different story.

With all that said, I WILL be back down there. Absolutely NO doubt about it. I fell in love w/the place immediately. Part of my heart is still in SP. I just need to heal a bit longer... and keep my eye on fare specials.

Thanks for all the well-wishes and support.

Re: Hotels for this weekend [Re: PSUhorty] #298018
09/10/08 02:57 PM
09/10/08 02:57 PM
Texas
divingcowgirl Offline
divingcowgirl  Offline
PS, go in November. There will be WAY to many of us crazies around to even LET you think about anything REMOTELY unpleasant!

Hang in, it gets better with time (but so does a fine wine, cheese and that mold ring growing around my bathtub....)
Sorry just had to throw that last bit in....

Take the road less traveled
Re: Hotels for this weekend [Re: PSUhorty] #298019
09/10/08 02:58 PM
09/10/08 02:58 PM
Arizona USA
azbob Offline
azbob  Offline
Way to go PSU!!!!! enjoy, enjoy, enjoy and drink a cold one for me!!!!1

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Re: Hotels for this weekend [Re: PSUhorty] #298024
09/10/08 03:17 PM
09/10/08 03:17 PM
Johnstown, CO
C
colomojo Offline
colomojo  Offline
C
Personally - I would have gone, I'd want to get over all the possible painful things FAST so I could get on with life. We have all been through a break up and they are no fun, I am sorry your spectacular relationship is not spectacular anymore but San Pedro is spectacular!!!! I do wish you well in healing your heart. I am sorry to hear you cancelled, If I could I be there tomorrow (or today) I would be - but I have to stay home and clean my house from getting new tile laid this week. smirk Book for November - I hear the crowd that is going is A LOT of FUN!!

Re: Hotels for this weekend [Re: PSUhorty] #298025
09/10/08 03:20 PM
09/10/08 03:20 PM
bucks county, PA
sweetjane Offline
sweetjane  Offline
only you know what's best for you, and when it is time.

good luck. many of us have been where you are...and there is light at the end, and it does get easier. hang in there, man.

Re: Hotels for this weekend [Re: divingcowgirl] #298027
09/10/08 03:26 PM
09/10/08 03:26 PM
Pittsburgh, PA
P
PSUhorty Offline OP
PSUhorty  Offline OP
P
Originally Posted by divingcowgirl
PS, go in November. There will be WAY to many of us crazies around to even LET you think about anything REMOTELY unpleasant!

Hang in, it gets better with time (but so does a fine wine, cheese and that mold ring growing around my bathtub....)
Sorry just had to throw that last bit in....

When in November? Please let me know and I will try to make it there. By then, I will most assuredly be sufficiently healed to step foot back onto the island.

Wanna know what made me cancel the reservation this afternoon? I was excited about going back (but still admittedly a bit scared of what I'd feel). So, I hopped onto youtube to check out some of the videos again, yay! The first one I pull up- Someone filming the reef... now get this... from the EXACT room that the ex and I stayed in at the Spindrift. The EXACT effing room. It hit me in the gut, BIG TIME. I don't cry mch, but I nearly broke down. If I felt like this simply watching it on youtube, I couldn't imagine what I'd feel like seeing it in person.

About 1:20 into the video.

Our exact effing room. From the 3rd floor between those two palm trees. From that exact balcony, I can still vividly picture the local kids playing volleyball beneath the balcony, JD at the Pier Lounge (God rest his soul), Rebecca sitting at her usual spot overseeing the Tacklebox, Choc readying his li'l yellow boat for the day's fishing, the side entrance to Estel's, the reef in the distance, and me, Belikin beer in hand, singing Three Little Birds w/Larry the Lyrical King on the deck of the Pier Lounge (I have a picture of that taken by the ex from the balcony, btw).

My message to each of you? Don't watch youtube. Coincidences, for the worse, CAN happen.

As an aside, this realtor filmed from two different spots. Only the part from 1:20 to about 1:40 are from the Spindrift... the rest from elsewhere.

Oh, and sweetjane... like your video. I've always liked that one and revisit it every now and again!

Re: Hotels for this weekend [Re: PSUhorty] #298028
09/10/08 03:34 PM
09/10/08 03:34 PM
Johnstown, CO
C
colomojo Offline
colomojo  Offline
C
Bless your heart PSU wink! November isn't too far away and by what I am reading I think "the crowd" is all going the third week. I am sure someone will respond with the proper dates. You can make a new you tube video!

Re: Hotels for this weekend [Re: PSUhorty] #298029
09/10/08 03:42 PM
09/10/08 03:42 PM
Texas
divingcowgirl Offline
divingcowgirl  Offline
PS A bunch are going to be there at different dates, but rest assure the biggest group should be there between the dates of November 18th through Thanksgiving. Come down and enjoy the crazyness!

Take the road less traveled
Re: Hotels for this weekend [Re: colomojo] #298030
09/10/08 03:43 PM
09/10/08 03:43 PM
Beautiful San Marcos, Texas
E
Ernie B Offline
Ernie B  Offline
E
Good grief PSU, we've all been dumped, some of us more than a few times. Women are like bus's, there will be another one along in about 15 minutes. And the ride may be even better !

E !

Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
February
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 467 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics70,595
Posts479,025
Members19,594
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.