Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
OP Offline
B
It is frustrating that a vet could not have been in place before Heather was let go. What danger was Saga in by keeping Heather? Personality must have come into play, because the animals are the ones in danger. Posters acknowledge that the team of people were paid "zero dollars." Heather in my opinion did a great job with the financial and emotional support she was given. Any comment about what we did before there was a vet on the island is as reasonable as asking what we did before there were medical services on the island--people died.

B
OP Offline
B
Why must everyone make a personal dig on this forum rather than address an issue? Did you stick out your tongue and say: "Nyah nyah nyah"? I have contributed to SAGA, and other charities. What does that have to do with why a board would let go the only one that has been put in position by that board to take care of something very precious to us. San Pedro Daily, yours is a cheap dig.

Originally Posted by Lara
i have to say, and although i dont know details that i'm sure are salient, i find it irresponsible for the board to leave the island with no vet. Now, please understand, i have a 15 year old cat that is actively dying, and should he need to be put down, there isnt anyone now to help him in the coming days.

I realize this is self serving of me, but there are MANY others that would concur. The termination that of heather was originally planned (so i hear) for friday, it couldnt happen until monday afternoon (thank god, cause i was able to get the poor kitty seen in the AM). Clearly if it could wait the weekend, it could have waited another week or two till the replacement starts. In the meantime, how many pets and animals will suffer?

I simply needed to say that i think this act was, at best, irresponsible.

I was unsure how to express my concerns on this very important topic. I couldn't have said it better. You are correct that there are "MANY others that would concur."

B
OP Offline
B
How is terminating the only vet on the island an "effort to straighten things out"? If you owned a restaurant and terminated the chef, would you still have a restaurant and patrons when you opened the restaurant back up weeks later? And how many people do you think need to volunteer to sit on boards to accomplish anything? It's a stupid decision to terminate a crucial part of this island without having had someone in place. And my charitable intereste primarily and presently involve abused women in the country, if you must know.

B
OP Offline
B
Thanks, I Do. Anyone else concur?

There seems to be a little confusion as to who does and doesn't get paid at the Saga Society. The board does not get paid. The volunteers are not paid. Ingrid is paid. So was Heather.

Personally I thought Heather did a great job with my pets and I was very grateful for her care. Of course, I only go to Saga when I need vet services - and I donate financially. But I don't volunteer there and I have no involvement in personality clashes or the personal lives of any of the employees or volunteers.

Please understand that the humane society is non-profit organization made up of volunteers who love animals. It is not a business and it is not a government entity.

I don't believe anybody should be criticizing a voluntary group for making an unpopular decision. If you are not involved enough to know exactly what is going on, sit back and take it as it comes OR STEP UP AND BE PART OF THE SOLUTION.

Regarding SAGA I choose to sit back and hope that the board will bring in a replacement quickly - and I will continue to donate financially and support the fund raisers.

B
OP Offline
B
With that line of reason we would have to be the mayor of San Pedro or in government office to have concerns. If you're not in politics, you cannot express discontent? Unless Heather was stealing dog biscuits I don't see why she was let go, creating a danger to the animal and human population on the island.

The Board has every authority to terminate Dr. Heather. If she is still in SP those who require vet care may be able to ask for her assistance in a private capacity, unless her work permit has been revoked as a result of her termination. SAGA does such good work and shouldn't be denigrated because of this development. There are alternatives for vet care in the meantime.

B
OP Offline
B
I am not challenging that the board has the authority, any more than I would challenge the authority that a president would be able to spend billions of dollars and expend 1000's of lives in search of WMD, or make the world a peaceful place.

Right is not always right.

Geez take a breather you are starting to sound nutty.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.