Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
The rest of the weekend went pretty much low-keyed. Sunday had quite the "tense" moment for me. I went diving and rented a BC from a dive company I had not gone diving with before. Apparently when I was at the 40 ft. level, my BC inflation button got stuck on inflate and I got shot to the top.. Thank goodness for my dive guide, and me not one to panic but remember the emergency procedure and while I'm on the surface telling him I'm NOT going back down, he gets me to "get back on the horse" and I make it back down to 60 ft. and am comfortable with the experience again. I'm not one to quit, but I didn't go back on the second dive. I now prefer to bring my own equipment back to San Pedro (as I have done in the past, but for weight reasons I declined this time) Note to self: I don't CARE if it costs me another seat�.. I WILL bring my own dive gear down..Lessons learned that I no longer care to repeat.

That afternoon I got to meet SJ and Bruce's two young men. They are very well mannered, mature and such a hoot to chat with! It was a pleasure meeting Steve and Leo and I hope to see them again in our travels. As always, It was a great time hanging out at the Catamaran Beach Bar with SJ, Bruce, their sons, TG, TB, Video Paul, Cindy, Pedro (yes bad Peter) and a few others that I promised not to name (just kidding).
While the sun was getting lower, Forrest and Walter arrived on Forrest's catamaran. I'd have given anything to have had a camera at that time! They just got back from Caye Calker and were having the time of their lives!!! Isn't that what it is all about?? They stopped for a few chats and beers, then off to put the catamaran up for the night.

I head back to Taco Mansion and hop in the shower, change and head toward the beach. The sun has set and a faint light remains. I walk up the beach, a shadowy figure un-noticed on the water's edge. I make my way up to Celi's in town and order up a grilled grouper and a glass of wine. I love being able to bury my toes in the sand while I dine. While several places in San Pedro offer up the chance to do so, I laugh to myself and think that this type of dining in�. let's say San Antonio, San Francisco or New York, might not have the same effect because you also need the ambiance that goes along with it� surf, kids playing on the beach and oh yeah� palm trees with a view to die for.. I finish supper and head south. As I make my way past Blue Water grill looking at the diners enjoying their supper I am reminded of the eclipse we got to experience there this past February. What a beautiful night that was. Taco Girl and I went to the end of the pier and were taking pictures of the eclipse. When I turned around and looked back toward town, the different colors of the lights that were shining and the lights in the palm trees made it feel like looking at a Christmas tree that was lit in the middle of the night, when you snuck into the living room to see if Santa left you any presents. I had that same giddy feeling. Almost magical. Although I was no longer a child and it was not Christmas Eve, somewhere in the darkness of the night and the twinkling of the lights lies a hope of all good things to come.

I sit back and admire and am sometimes jealous of the ones that can take full advantage of everything that San Pedro has to offer. Although I am resigned to the fact that I won't live in San Pedro full time, I'm comfortable with the thought that I can return at anytime, as long as I am able to draw breath and all borders remain open, I will always be welcome in San Pedro. While I wait for the customary "Welcome Back" from the immigration guy, I know that I will be welcomed in San Pedro whether it is by my friends or by "Isla Bonita" herself.

Take the road less traveled
Job well done, I know that writing trip reports can be a pain and from one person who has been to the same place has the same t-shirt, I can never tire of them and I appreciate you writing a trip report!

Ok - Now let's talk of November and I checked all 3 or your trip reports you did not give one WooooHooooo! So Get Ready! The trumpets want to party with the sky/diving/BBQ sauce making/CowGirl!
grin

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
Trip reports are so fun to read, no matter how many times one's been there. Thanks! wink

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Great, just great! Add another drink to my tab Spurs.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
I hear ya sister!

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.