Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#299142 09/17/08 09:54 AM
OP Offline
It is now Belize's prime time for potential storm activity. Please check the weather forecasts at least once a day for the next 8 weeks.

Rob Lightbown of Crown Weather is cautioning us to look out for possible storm threats this weekend and into early next week. Some of the models are pointing to development.

In many cases a storm that is "born" here doesn't necessary affect us with much wind (since they spin off into neighbouring bodies of water and countries to wreak havoc) but we can get many inches of rainfall which cause devastating flooding, destroy crops and cause mud slides etc.

Be prepared. Be safe.

OP Offline
Shocking - http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=1088&tstamp=200809

Makes you think twice about riding out a storm.

No Mangroves

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
elbert #299196 09/17/08 02:31 PM
No mangroves and no barrier reef. Boating across Galveston Bay in the a.m. Our place is still there as viewed by Nat. Satelite. We are very lucky. Many people will not be found. Our place is on Crystal Beach North on the intercoastal side of the pennisula. All but 5 of @ 50 beach front homes are 100% gone, not even a stick left. Some slabs. Anyone in any of those homes could not have survived. We left Thurs. a.m Sept 11. I'll have video and stills this weekend. I'll try to share and find pics taken July 4th this year for comparison.

Play, Love, Share and Enjoy - it doesn't last forever make sure you get the most out of it.
OP Offline
Wow, so sorry your community has been so severely impacted.

OMG!! frown

I can't help wondering how that one house is left looking to be in such good condition though. One does see this kind of thing in a toronado but in a hurricane that swathed the area completely, how is it that the one house appears unscathed?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

My heart goes out to all those in the Galveston/Bolivar area.
Amanda is correct - stay aware, and don't wait for CNN to tell us we're having a weather issue. Don't eat all your hurricane food, keep your plan in place .........
I can recall Mitch - we could see the thing on satellite and know we were in deep poop a full day before it got media attention. Learn, watch and listen.

I've heard so many people complain that the potential for damage and death in Ike was sensationalized. Really?!

With hurricanes there are usually many "mini" tornados. I've seen three houses right next to each other and after the hurricane comes through, the house in the middle is gone and the other two are still standing undamaged.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
OP Offline
Yes, we saw that happen here on the island with Hurricane Keith.

Good wished for your home and for all of your neighbors. I hope they left.

Now live from beautiful downtown San Pedro.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.