Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I freely admit that I have this addiction to fly fishing the flats near AC. I also admit that I spend too much money traveling to San Pedro 5 or 6 times a year and that my kids really hate it when I tell them that I'm spending their inheritance. HEY I'm 78, and I really don't care what you think. Well, my kids and many of my friends ask "Why do you go all the way to Belize to fish salt flats, when you could go to Louisiana, Texas of florida"?... The answer is as one might expect,,, Time and money. I can leave Kansas City early in the morning and be on a flats boat in San Pedro before noon. It takes 2 days just to get to any of the other places I've mentioned. The cost to fish for a week in San Pedro is about 1/2 that of the other places. I'd be interested to know if anyone has found other places comperable to San Pedro for travel time and expense fom a fly fisherman. Flats guides in the Florida keys ask $600/day.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
Obviously you have become addicted to San Pedro...your hooked. Its not necessary to justify...just enjoy!!

Gone fishing!!
OP Offline
Bill the kindness and sympathy expressed in your words could only have come another addict. Thanks

Don, one of these days you will have to teach me! We've missed eschother twice! wink

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Hope to run into you during my Nov trip... its been way to long for me!

Support Ambergris Caye Emergency Rescue
The life we are trying to save may be a loved one of yours
OP Offline
Just got back this AM at 2:00. Caught a bunch of bones and other stuff, drank a 6 pack of Belikins in one week, several black jacks, and smoked a number of cuban cigars. Planning a trip in November but don't have a ticket yet. But, I'll post it when it is set, and perhaps both of you guys will be on the island and we can get together for a day on the flats.

D
D

Don Greife, I'm just curious, was that a 6 pack of Belikins every day for a week or 1 6 pack for the week?

OP Offline
Well, you caught me !!!!
I confess that I usually have two beers after a long day on the water fishing. On rare occassions it is a different story at Wet Willys after supper.

saw that years ago, and just googled it:

All fishermen are liars, except for me and you, and I'm not so sure about you.

who's counting belikins anyway!

Support Ambergris Caye Emergency Rescue
The life we are trying to save may be a loved one of yours

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 137 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.