Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#301018 09/27/08 11:24 PM
pugwash Offline OP
OP Offline
I had a near death experience last week when returning to the US

At the duty free shop at Goldson I saw Belikin Premium and of course without any hesitation, asked how much I could bring back?

When I was informed that in addition to a liter of rum, I could also bring a case of premium, my somewhat alcohol influenced brain agreed that this was in fact a good idea without further analytical thought.

When I was handed the case, complete with a Scotch tape handle that could easily have served double duty as a cheese wire, and headed out across the tarmac to the plane, the first stirrings of doubt were surfacing.

As I deplaned at Houston, with a 35lb computer bag full of not only my laptop but also every electrical gadget I own , plus all of my house purchase paperwork on one shoulder and the aforementioned case of Belikin in one hand and my Rum in the other, I began to realize just how far the walk through immigration was going to be: a well balanced 10,000 calorie a day diet is fine for a Tour De France cyclist, but 10,000 calories divided between Beer, Rice, Tortillas and Macaroni and Cheese is perhaps not the best regimen for a middle aged fat guy training for a cross airport dash.

Pretty soon I was resting at each First Aid station, as that seemed to be wise, and when my heart rate slowed to normal, I would make a break for the next Defibrillator.

Suffice to say that when I finally reached baggage claim, the looks I received from both jealous men and admiring women had me planning ahead to the next trip where I would have an empty carry on with wheels and several bungee cords ready as I hit Belize International.

Of course, when I got home and drank one, and then compared it to a Texas brewed Shiner Bock, I realized that I will probably never again bother with such a ridiculous waste of energy smile

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
stick with the rum.

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
or used the airport wheelchairs.

"All people smile in the same language"
It never tastes the same and it's not the water! It has to be the latitude and a total physiological escape from daily obligations and frustrations. I've experienced these several times over the years and it never ceases to amaze me: damn, this tasted so good while I was in _______________ (fill in the blank).
frown

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
nonsense! pug, if you hadn't made it, you would have martyred and endured yourself to me. I would have built a pug shrine memorializing your sacrifice for all that is good and pure. God bless you!

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
endured or enured wink

I still like the wheelchair scenario smile

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
pugwash Offline OP
OP Offline
Wheelchair use is for the elderly or infirm, and not for able bodied idiots: therefor it would have been inappropriate for me to even consider, although I did look longingly at an empty and unused one.

I was not a "victim", just over enthusiastic with my purchase!

I had to suffer the consequences of my own actions....what a concept smile

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
I wasn't advocating that you "should" have utilized the wheelchair (witnesssed way too many inappropriate uses), I just have this funny visual. smile smile smile

Careful with that new concept..........!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Pug, you never fail to crack me up...I can picture you lugging the beer, and all the while grumbling and vowing to never do it again....but, I admire your tenacity. I have packed Belikins in the suitcase, only to have beer soaked undies when I arrived home....so much for trying to bring a little SP home with me.

At what age is it determined I am old enough to know better?
pugwash Offline OP
OP Offline
mmmmmmm Beer soaked undies.....

Where were all the women like you before Mrs Pug came along smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 109 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.