Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Boz2 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hello,
Just jumped on board and have question regarding staying at Captain Morgan's verses Portofino. Last visit and only other visit, my wife and I stayed at Ramon's. No compaint, just looking for something different. Turtleman's House looks interesting but solar shower might get pretty ripe! Might try a few days there-anyone ventured this far? So I am open for good and bad things about all three f these accomadations. As you can tell if we are considering Turtleman's for a few, we are not the all inclusive type at ALL. Very adventuristic-is that a word? Respect,

Portofino -hands down-fantastic food,fabulous pool,fantastic rooms,great beach-there must be something else great but I cannot think of it

Portofino is a wonderful resort. It is MUCH smaller than Capt. Morgans. I think you will get great service there and enjoy the surrounding beach area. The food is great also.

E
E
I just hate it when I agree with the two guys above.

Portofino, without a doubt. Order your wife a 'Chocolate Kiss' From the bar !

P
P
Originally Posted by Pedro1
there must be something else great but I cannot think of it

Jan is pretty great

solar shower might get pretty ripe!

What do you mean by this? Solar is simply the way the water is heated and believe me it gets VERY hot.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
B
Boz2 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Where is Portofio located, I do not see it on the map I found? North of the river but how far from let's say BC Bar my hang out. Do not think it will be a walk to BC like it was while we stayed at Ramon's. Any small local bars near Portofino? Why does everyone favor this place over Captain Morgans?

Both Portofino and Captain Morgans are north, north, north (sorry elbert) -- Portofino more so. You'll want to taxi up that far for sure. You'll see it on the maps -- just not the town map.

//www.ambergriscaye.com/maps/art/map2sm.gif

Nothing wrong with Capt. Morgan's -- Portofino is just a different class -- smaller with more individualized attention and amenities with prices that reflect this. Worth it if this is what you're looking for. If you want to be in the middle of the action, you may not be happy. You can still get to the action, but very little is stumbling distance.

Never stayed there, but visited twice -- very very nice!

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
E
E
If I may add to my friend Otter's comment, I think he meant "water taxi".

The atmosphere, service,quality of food and attention at Portofino can not be beat. I dont find the prices out of line for the service you receive.

true, prices are not out of line at all -- oh yeah -- where's my BMW Ernie???

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 285 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.