Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I'm not sure why that airport doesn't have an 'in transit' system so you don't have to go through security again.

The only country that TSA trusts to connect to a domestic flight without going thru customs and security is Canada.

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
P
P
I remember being told by a security officer at a US airport that the reason there weren't transit lounges was indeed "security". When I asked him how processing all these people rather than simply fencing them in improved security, he asked me if I had ever heard of 9/11. When I said I had but didn't see how this implied that security would be improved by abolishing transit lounges I didn't get a coherent answer.

Headless chickens come to mind.

When you clear Houston customs, do not go use the exit just outside (where they want everyone to go). Clear the the baggage area and go outside, up the stairs (escalator) in enter through the "E" departure gates. There is almost no one there. It usually saves a least 30 minutes on a normal day. Then again, if you have luggage, you're probably screwed.

C
ceb123 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Well we are now 10 days and counting - i did contact Continental and now we have 4 hours to get through customs. Not my first choice but better than spending an unplanned night in Houston. Not the first time this has happened to us with Continental - the last time - and i swore it would be the last time we flew C - until i decided to come to Belize - we had 23 minutes in Mexico City to make connecting flight. No need to comment on that impossibility. Just crossing fingers for the next ten days!! Can't wait to be on AC - even if i have to fly Contenintal to get there!!

Hon Offline
AA did this to my son and his family last year on his return flight through DFW. He simply called the airline directly (even though he didn't book directly through them) and they agreed the timing was too tight. He was rebooked for early the next morning and given a discount voucher for a stay at the airport Hyatt.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
CEB123, I'd be interested in knowing the routing and airlines you will use to go through Mexico City to BZ. Is that something you would care to share. I'm a growing NON-Supporter of Co. also.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
E
E
I gotta disagree with some of you. I have been a CO. One Pass member since 1967. Have flown over a million miles with them and rarely had a problem that was their fault. Sure, delays, changes in schd, nothing I couldnt live with as every air line has the same or worse issues. They are # 1 in my book. Anyone remember when Bob Six owned them, the old DC10s with the lounge in the center of the plane with a piano?

P
P
A couple of years ago I flew from Belize to London on AA, on a schedule that they created allowing 3 hours in Miami. I asked if that was enough and they said it certainly was.

When I arrived in Miami I was still in the queue for Immigration 5 hours after landing, and by the time I had cleared Customs it was 7 hours. Insane that there's no transit facility, but that's another matter. I missed not only my onward flight but every flight to London that day, and had to overnight. AA denied any responsibility and far from helping wouldn't even allow me to use their phone to try to find an hotel. All my extra expenses stayed with me.

C
ceb123 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Sorry for the miscommunications - we used to vacation in Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo (and fly direct from Houston) until Continental hijacked my vacation. we've decided to give them another try - and return to Belize instead of MX!!

I don't understand when you say the US trusts Canada, not to have to go through Customs and Security.

I always have to go through US Customs and security and I'm Canadian. The edge is that since I fly out of Calgary, I clear US Immigration at the Calgary airport.

I once was preparing to fly somewhere and was already at the gate, when I remembered that I needed to mail a letter that I had in my purse. After looking around for a while, I asked the desk rep where I would find a mailbox.

She told me that she would take the letter with her and mail it after she left work. She said she had to do that because we were now in the United States, despite that we were still in the Calgary airport.

At this time, I await my Nexus clearance.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 379 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.