Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Belize is reported to have very high quality crude, which it sell on the market. Reports are that tourism is off significantly due to the credit crunch in the US. If Continental had a source of discounted fuel at BZE tourism could flourish as the result of a fuel subsidy offered to the airlines,, just like in Mexico. I'd appreciate a review and comments on a scenario that just might be a win-win for the GOB, tourism (me) and Continental.
Just suppose, Continental were to go to the world bank (or Jesse)and ask for funding for a small refinery whos primary output was jet fuel. And Continental assisted with the refinery development and asked the GOB for a fuel subsidy at BZE for their efforts. NO MORE IMPORTS. Fuel sales would repay the loan to Jesse over time. And I could get a r/t, X class, ticket from KC for $400 on a regular basis.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
P
P
What's the lead time for building a refinery?

Airlines are currently paying about $3.55usd for Jet A.
The problem with the cost of an airline ticket to Belize isn't the fuel costs. It's the empty seats.

By the time a refinery was ever built and the GOB were done "negotiating", Jet A would be about $10usd!

P
P
I haven't been on a plane to/from Belize with more than half a dozen empty seats in several years.

You've got that right Peter. Perhaps it is different at different times of year though. That said, my last trip down this June/July, I had a time of it getting the exact seats I wanted. The plane was full both there and back. I arrived on a weekday and departed on a weekday.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

The largest cost component of air travel to Goldson is the landing fee imposed by the airports private ownership group, but fuel costs can still make a big difference in fares.

When searching for airfare, try TACA which not only is typically lower than AA, CON or Delta, but usually includes the departure fee.

Having moved to Dallas to make trips back and forth easier, it is now way cheaper to drive to Houston and fly TACA, and that includes a week of airport parking!

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
In 19 RT's I have been on 6 full flights. The Miami AA flight seems the most booked.

So Pug, you saying that TACA is getting a deal on Goldson landing fees?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
E
E
Dont know about landing fees, but fuel cost are much less.

There are most always empty seats on the plane to/from Houston/Belize. It just doesn't appear that way if your row is full. I saw a plane just the other day leave for BZE with only 21 seats filled. You better bet they're loosing thier arse on a flight like that which seats 167 people!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.