Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
I live on Ambergris Caye and haven't done much touring on the mainland. Any suggestions? I know the question is wide open, but I would like to find out what people like best in the area.

Cheers!

The Mt Pine Ridge area with Barton Creek Cave, Rio Frio cave, Rio On Pools, Big Rock Falls, Caracol Maya Ruins. Closer to San Ignacio for Xunantunich & Cahal Pech Ruins, SI town itself, Mopan & Macal river canoeing or tubing, tons of wildlife, Che Chem Ha cave. The Actun Tunichil Muknal cave in the Tapir Nat'l Park between Belmopan & San Ignacio, inland Blue Hole, all the caves along the Sibun river. Drumming in Gales Point & Hopkins. Garifuna villages in Placencia & Hopkins. Caves, waterfalls, ruins and unspoiled natural beauty in Punta Gorda and Toledo.....there is so much to see and do on the mainland!! Get yourself off that island and explore your new country! ;-)

The Actun Tunichil Muknal cave was the most interesting for me. No cry babies or anyone with any issues, kinda clears out the normal tourist, Big Adventure!
Canoeing down the river from on of the hotels like Cha Creek or Black Rock is more mellow and lots of fun.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
C
OP Offline
C
wow, I really am missing out, aren't I?

C
OP Offline
C
Now what would be the best way to get over there?

Take the water taxi to Bz City and take a bus, taxi or rental vehicle to San Ignacio. All the Cayo based tours are available from there. Closest hotel to the ATM cave is Pook's Hill - they do hiking tours from there. But all the SI hotels offer it by vehicle as well. You do need a guide for that tour (and for Caracol) but many of the others you can do on your own if you rent a vehicle. Good river tubing also from Clarissa Falls (also neat cheap accommodations). For the Mt Pine Ridge, you can do it as a tour from any of the SI hotels or go stay up there at any of the 4 lodges there (Hidden Valley Inn, Blancaneaux lodge, Five Sisters or the Pine Ridge Lodge). To get to Placencia or Toledo, fly from the muni. For Dangriga & Hopkins you can fly or drive or bus. (You can bus to Toledo & Placencia too but it is an all day affair)

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks Barbara!

C
C
Yeah, we've done lots of different tours around the country but I think the ATM totally rocks. Gotta be in reasonably good shape though!

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.