Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#303836 10/12/08 12:11 PM
M
Marinka Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I will be on Ambergris in the middle of November and only for one day. I will come from Xcalak(Mexico) by a bout. Really, I don't know what I can do there for only one day... go to see sharks and swim with them, or may be it is possible to get a small plane and see the Blue Hole.. How far away from AG is it? How much can cost a flight to see Blue Hole?

P
P
A privately chartered plane is always possible, though you'd have to arrange it ahead of time. Expect it to cost not-a-small fortune. Although Astrum Helicopters do offer sightseeing rides - see whether they may have one when you want to go.

JZB Offline
email Javier's Flying Service at [email protected].

There are a lot of good images of it from the air, some on this site I think. With your time frame of 1 day, you should go snorkeling in the Hol Chan preserve, it's close and marvelous. pm elbert and set it up.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
M
Marinka Offline OP
OP Offline
M
skippy, I have seen a lot of good images of Blue Hole on the Internet, but I would like to see it by my own eyes.
Also, I thought, a flight would take not more then one hour, and after that I can see Hol Chan preserve. How far away from AG is this preserve? Do I need to have a special permition to snorkel there? Do any bout can able take me there? How deep is there?
I do not swim well, and I am not afraid to be in shallow water only. Also, how much can cost a trip to Hol Chan preserve? and flight above Blue Hole?
JZB - thanks for emeil address.

Marinka

M
Marinka Offline OP
OP Offline
M
pm elbert and set it up.
______
where I can find elbert?

M
Marinka Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I couldn't send a letter to address which I got from JZB.
my mail said that the address doesn't exist.
I am writing from Russian email address, and may be
it is a reason.
Please, if anyone knows how much it costs, help me!!!
I don't know English well enough to find information. I am looking for any info, which will help me to plan my trip, I will be a short time in Mexico-Belize.
thank you!
Marina

P
P
Astrum Helicopters website is http://www.astrumhelicopters.com/. I can't find the website for Javier's Flying Service (which operates fixed wing aircraft) but http://belizegateway.com/db_clients/2234.php gives info.

We don't know how many of you there are, nor when you want to make the trip. Why don't you contact these people directly - they will understand your English problem and will help you. My first choice would be Astrum (email: [email protected]), as in a helicopter you can see much more than from an aeroplane. I don't know the cost and it isn't shown on their website, but Astrum will obviously be able to tell you if you email them.

Astrum made a superb video of scenes around Belize taken from their helicopters, and you can watch it on the web here http://www.astrumhelicopters.com/videos.htm.

M
Marinka Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Peter, thank you very much!
I wrote a letter to Astrum with my questions.
Also, the video is great!!!

Last edited by Marinka; 10/12/08 09:12 PM.

Belize from the Air

Video presentation of Astrum Helicopters.

Aerial scenes of Belize highlighting the many destinations we offer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.