Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#304107 10/13/08 08:38 PM
S
SueDawn Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi there, I'm considering a trip to AC in mid November and am looking at staying at Las Terrazas...I understand it just opened but wonder if it is as nice as it looks online...?

I'm also not clear where it is located relative to where the main town is....I don't need to be right in the middle of everything but access is important as I will be traveling on my own. Can someone fill me in on water taxis and getting around? Is it fairly safe getting around?

Is November an ok time to visit weather wise?

Thanks for the feedback....I've always wanted to visit Belize but just want to make sure I make a good choice.

SueDawn

Las Terrazas is next to Journey End, about 4 1/2 miles north of town: it is new and clean, but a water taxi ride from anywhere.

The resorts boat will give you a ride into town, but plan a Water Taxi back, a $7 ride each time.

You can take a golf cart and the road may be OK by mid November, which is when a lot of "boarders" will be there, SP that is not Las Terrazas!

For a "single" it may be a little out of the way, but it is one of the higher end resorts on the island if you are looking for luxury: you could buy a LOT of Belikins for what you'd save staying somewhere else though, and think of all the new friends you could make sharing them smile

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
SueDawn: There is a topic regarding Who's going to be in SP in November. Based on the large # of people I would think it is o.k. though I have only been in June. Many of the that will be there are message boarders. One post is called November roll call and another is November 2008 visit. Use the search option at the top of the page to find them if you like.

Hopefully you will like San Pedro, BZ as much as we do. We have been twice and plan to continue.

As far as Las Terrazas, I don't know a thing about that. Someone will though sooner or later.

It's great to be .....

I found those posts: Hopefully they will help

//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/298695/November_2008_Visit.html#Post298695
//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/289963/November_roll_call.html#Post289963

It's great to be .....

4.5 miles there is a lot farther than 4.5 miles at home. pug is right - it is lovely up north, but it is a distance from anything. this would be a place to stay to 'get away from everything'. unless you rent a cart, there isn't much to walk to. carting to town from there (i would think) would take at least 30 minutes on a very bumpy road. they prob have a complimentary boat twice a day, but when they go, not when you want to go. water taxis are $8 US each way. they are safe, but take longer to get anywhere cuz they stop a lot - much like a public bus.

if las terrazas in in your price range, there are many other accommodations available with easier access to, well, just about everything.

nov can be a bit less hot & humid than other times of the year.

good luck! smile

S
SueDawn Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks pugwash, that's all helpful info. Las Terrazes has a really big sale on until late November so it's actually rather reasonable. Some of the other higher end places right in San Pedro seem to be full or not coming up on expedia.

Thanks for responding,

S
SueDawn Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks Terrielinn!

E
E
You may want to check Victoria House. TOPS and much closer/eaiser to town.

L
L
SueDawn, may I ask if you are coming alone? If so, you may want to reconcider staying up north that far. Even in November the roads will be crap to pass in the dark and many golfcart rentals do not allow their carts past the bridge or the Palapa Bar. You do not want to be taking a cart alone up to Journey's end late at night.
Taking the water taxi means leaving when it does, so any good time you might be having will be subject to the water taxi schedule. I stayed at the Spindrift Hotel when I visited both times and I was perfectly happy. I saved a bunch of money by NOT renting a cart, I was close to restaurants and shops and was always a 5 minute ride to my room. I was so happy I never left......

D
D
lil'red , that's the way to do it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.