Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Areas in San Pedro [Re: Dutch] #304154
10/14/08 09:41 AM
10/14/08 09:41 AM
San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye...
Amanda Syme Offline

Amanda Syme  Offline
Tres Cocos is north of the bridge and ends around a mile north of the river.

Re: Areas in San Pedro [Re: Dutch] #304287
10/14/08 08:18 PM
10/14/08 08:18 PM
Birdland - 1 mile north
ScubaLdy Offline
ScubaLdy  Offline
TACO Girl

Thanks so much for the links. I just read all of the 25 years ago article and have a whole new perspective on land development here. It sounds to me like this entire island was once mangrove swamp. I did not know that.

It also sounds like there were some loosie goosie deals way back when. This does not convince me that it should be allowed to continue but it does help me understand the attitude of a lot of politicians; business as usual. Land for votes evidently was a way of life. Creating land to sell I see is not new; like the talk of filling in the lagoon from north of the bridge way up the coast whereby people who now have lagoon front lots will be land locked.

All this make me feel better about my lot up in El Tesoro which is high and dry and never filled but covered with good trees and brush. El Tesoro (The Treasure) is a sub section of Tres Cocos which has many little smaller sections. Iím ashamed to now know that where my condo is was once mangrove and was filled by dredging. I sure didnít know that when I bought. This section was called ďBobís Flats.Ē A little north there is Tres Cocos Gardens and Campbellís Hill. North of El Tesoro is Buena Vista. This fronts on a section of the sea where there is a break in the reef called Buena Vista cut.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Re: Areas in San Pedro [Re: ScubaLdy] #304317
10/15/08 12:22 AM
10/15/08 12:22 AM
Canada
seashell Offline
seashell  Offline
Harriette, when there was such a hubbub about the Holy Cross School being built on garbage fill, all I could think of was how much garbage there is underneath Boca del Rio.

I'm not saying it is much ado about nothing, I'm just saying, since it is such a big deal, then most of the island is suspect.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Re: Areas in San Pedro [Re: seashell] #304978
10/17/08 12:44 PM
10/17/08 12:44 PM
San Pedro
tacogirl Offline
tacogirl  Offline
Saw neighborhood watch map recently and they have the areas marked out would be nice to have a general map like that.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Re: Areas in San Pedro [Re: tacogirl] #304991
10/17/08 01:32 PM
10/17/08 01:32 PM
Ks
DitchDocDiver Offline
DitchDocDiver  Offline
Hey TG, where did you see the map?

Support Ambergris Caye Emergency Rescue
The life we are trying to save may be a loved one of yours
Re: Areas in San Pedro [Re: DitchDocDiver] #305033
10/17/08 03:34 PM
10/17/08 03:34 PM
San Pedro
tacogirl Offline
tacogirl  Offline
DDD was a paper copy the hands of the neighborhood watch people. They photocopied the different areas taped them together and color coded them.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Re: Areas in San Pedro [Re: tacogirl] #305057
10/17/08 05:10 PM
10/17/08 05:10 PM
Amanda Syme Offline

Amanda Syme  Offline
There is a wealth of information regarding the island on this website - I urge everybody to do some exploring.

I do get frustrated when people don't take advantage of this info that is available at their finger-tips, and always expect someone on the board to do that investigation for them.

There is so much stuff that the folks that live here know, and we assume it is common knowledge since you can find the info in the newspaper archives and on this site.

Anyway, that is why I am so curt at times. Glad to see some people taking FULL advantage of this site!

Re: Areas in San Pedro [Re: Amanda Syme] #305076
10/17/08 06:41 PM
10/17/08 06:41 PM
RathaBnBelize Offline
RathaBnBelize  Offline
I have looked and never seen anything decent,but I do suspect that the first Hotel or Realty website to have a good map on it would get lots of hits.

Re: Areas in San Pedro [Re: RathaBnBelize] #305095
10/17/08 08:03 PM
10/17/08 08:03 PM
P
Peter Jones Offline
Peter Jones  Offline
P
If what I want is on this site then I apologise Amanda, but I have looked and I didn't find it. Perhaps the indexing needs work?

Re: Areas in San Pedro [Re: Peter Jones] #305106
10/17/08 08:24 PM
10/17/08 08:24 PM
Amanda Syme Offline

Amanda Syme  Offline
Peter, you come by and visit my office regularly. All you have to do is ask me where something is.

Hey, mystery is good!

Most places have 2 or 3 names so it is constantly confusing.

Don't forget, business locations change often, areas are referred to as many different names, even the GOB mapping dept. get's confused at times, so making a comprehensive map is always a work in progress.

If you need to know where something is - send me a pm.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (bobcat bill), 218 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics72,330
Posts483,401
Members19,705
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.