On the behalf of all of us at Victoria House, I’d like to thank the San Pedro Fire Department for their rapid response yesterday. With the eager assistance of our full and part time staff members, friends and neighbors (thanks Flora for bringing buckets and manpower from San Pedro Woodworks!), the firefighters quickly and professionally contained and extinguished the blaze. The storage bodega and contents were a total loss, but most importantly, no-body was injured. Guest areas were not affected and we’ll be re-opening on schedule, 23 October.