Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#305692 10/21/08 10:19 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
One of the island's biggest problems is traffic and with it, parking around town. It is very difficult to find a parking spot around town, especially on Barrier Reef Drive and Pescador Drive, and at times it can be very frustrating. But to alleviate this problem Sundancer Enterprises has gotten approval by the San Pedro Town Council to construct a public parking complex on Pescador Drive.

A spokesperson from Sundancer Enterprises has informed us that by the end of this week their parking lot will open to the public; great news for motorists on the island. The parking lot is across Moondancer on Pescador Drive and will offer parking for only golf carts at the moment. You can get cheaper rates if you sign up for the full day, week or month.
Future plans are to extend the parking lot, making it even bigger and giving access to larger vehicles, as the adjacent lot has been purchased. This will give the parking lot access to Tarpon Street (see illustration). This other parking area will be available by the Christmas holidays when the deconstruction of the acquired building and the last phase of construction are complete.
In the future Tropic Air will be working in conjunction with Sundancer Enterprises by providing their customers a reduced rate at the parking lot. Customers will also be provided with transportation from Tropic Air's Terminal to the parking lot and vice versa.
Anyone wishing to make a contract for parking space at the parking lot or has any question about the parking complex may inquire at Sundancer Boutique or call at 226-2948.

Ambergris Today

P
P
When is the multi-storey parking lot going up?

B
B
For some reason I cannot see anyone actually paying to park somewhere on this island. I could be wrong.

Hey, I just bought 3 spots. And I will validate parking for my clients.

Parking can be quite chaotic in town - this scheme is great for my office.

C
C
I'm surprised it took so long actually.

A parking garage!!!?! Wal Mart can't be far behind!

It's not a parking garage butr a parking lot to alleviate the traffic in the town core.

Are they condo spots to "buy" or do they just rent them long-term?

monthly rentals or short term parking, daily, hourly, weekly etc.

Hard to believe but sometimes people have trouble finding a parking spot when it is really busy - hope this will help.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.