Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#305563 10/20/08 05:06 PM
S
svein Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hello, can anyone help me with contact info to guides around San Pedro? We are planing to stay there for 9 day's in marsh 09. going for bone, tarpoon and permit smile
We also look for a good place to rent room...hotel bungalow.. seawiew cool

Svein, My favorite guide in San Pedro is Manuel Azueta. I fish with him 5>6 times/year for bones permit and tarpon. He always finds me fish of some kind. I only fly fish but Manuel will also take bait fishers. He will provide drinking water also flys and leaders if asked. phone#011-501-226-2709,,, email [email protected] You can use him if I am not in town. LOL. Don Greife

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
S
svein Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank's smile We are only fly fish, forget to told that.. and we are 4 men's, so I think we need 2 guides. Is it possible to do some fishing from shore near by San Pedro?
Places to stay we have look at Mata Rock's or Paradice villas..
Did anyone now if they have guide's?

You can always check with Fishing San Pedro

http://fishingsanpedro.com/

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

K
K
Other than Pescador, the hotels/resorts don't "have guides". Most have a couple they regularly contact, but can always find someone if their go-to guy is booked. Price-wise you're usually better off booking direct. The downside is few guides are set up for credit card transactions. Don's suggestion of Manuel is a good one. Equally skilled would be: Abby Marin www.gofishbelize.com(201-255-6370); Vincent Dawson 011-501-600-0357; Erlindo Graniel 011-501-226-2221; All flyguy friendly. john

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
You Can Take What Krefish Says to the Bank.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
S
svein Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi and thanks for good advices..
But is it possible to do some fishing from shore near by San Pedro? or did we need boat and guide everyday?
Is there any possibility to get tarpoon and permit near by SP in marsh/april?
Lot of question's, but i hope someone can answer me smile

K
K
You "could" fish the tarpon at Sunset Grill. They offerred me the opportunity(but warned I'd be dodging bullets). You can search this site for shore/wading info. Generally a tough deal, what with all the piers,gated docks and ripped up mangroves, and limited to bonefish. March/April is fine for tarpon and esp. good on permit. There's a spawning migration on permit and it's your best chance to see some 15#-30# fish.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
P
P
Early mornings on calm days if you walk the beach, just about anywhere, you can see Bones tailing close to the shore. I regularly see them between the High School and the River Cut when walking the dog, and not particularly looking for them. Not huge schools and nothing like on the back I imagine, but they're around if you've got the patience.

Disclaimer. Other than identifying a Fish, my Fishing knowledge fits on the back of a stamp, in a large bold font.

Eloy Gonzalez is also a great fly guide - I have sent US Pro guides holidaying here on trips with him and they were more than happy.

Very true Phil, esp.like the remark about the stamp. I see Tarpon in the cuts about 10 to 15 feet down mostly under ledges however they are watching the surface and charge like a lighting bolt when something silver hits it.
They go for silversides and whole sardines.
I got excited about krehfish's list of guide names and numbers and copied it to a file. good info.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 262 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.