Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Dr. Jeff Masters, Wunderground today:

The forecast
Rains over the hardest hit areas of Central America have eased in the past day, with only 1-2 inches of rain reported. However, visible satellite loops show that heavy thunderstorm activity continues over the Western Caribbean, and has moved into northeast Honduras and Nicaragua this morning. While there is currently little chance that a tropical cyclone will form in the Western Caribbean over the next five days, persistent low pressure and sporadic heavy rains will continue to affect the region. A strong cold front is expected to push southward into the area next Tuesday or Wednesday, and the tail end of this cold front could serve as the nucleus for a new tropical disturbance that will generate another round of very heavy rains for Honduras and Belize late next week.

Freaky, but we are so lucky compared to Honduras and Haiti right now ............ thank our lucky stars for a small population, good emergency response and lots of vegetation still growing lushly in the judgles and on mountainsides.
Can you imagine how things would be if we'd allowed rampant logging.

On the other hand - how much water can we take?! the lake that is our backyard is still very deep even though neighbors are pumping it out at the rate of 5,000 gallons an hour.

Jeff Master's today 24 Oct ........

The forecast
Persistent low pressure and sporadic heavy rains will continue over the Western Caribbean for the next ten days. A strong cold front is expected to push southward into the area next Tuesday, and the tail end of this cold front could serve as the nucleus for a new tropical disturbance that will generate another round of very heavy rains for Honduras, northern Guatemala, and Belize late next week. Wind shear is expected to be in the low to medium range over the Western Caribbean next week (Figure 2), so we will need to be concerned with a possible tropical storm forming by the middle of next week along the old front.

Careful someone doesn't shoot the messenger.
cheap air fares ying us and this yangs us.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
OP Offline
If a tourist can't handle some rain and mud Belize might not be the place for them.

When we vacation to places that have the "worst flood in centuries" - which happens quite often when you go to the UK - we make the most of meeting people, relaxing with a book, enjoying good cuisine and fine wine.

For those folks that are saving hundreds of dollars on their tickets, I am sure they will find ways to entertain themselves when they get here.

I'm bummed, I just paid $800 per person to go to Orlando - why can't I find a cheap ticket!

I did save over a thousand on the grandparent's tickets though so I guess that takes the sting out of it.

Elbert you have a point --- so to amend my message, let me also say .........
COME TO AMBERGRIS CAYE - IT'S NOT FLOODED, THE BEER IS COLD AND THE MUSIC IS HOT.

OP Offline
Good one Diane!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.