Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
P
Elbert - the biggest single cause of the middle east conflict is the US's funding of Israel, the belligerent in the area. Hitting Syria has been a grave mistake.

Depends on who's eyes your looking out of. I sympathetic with Israeli. Have you forgotten i have three passports :-)

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
GOP Vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, meeting with the Israeli ambassador to the U.S. today, told the ambassador: "We look forward to ... working with your Jewish agency."

I heard Palin isn't really a brunet.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
hard to tell. $25,000 in makeup, $10,000 in hairdo fees, for Oct 1-15th.

P
P
Elbert - I don't align with either/any side out there. I just look at the facts/history and how the rest of the world is affected.

What are your three passports?

I stand with Elbert. I am totally behind Israel.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
P
P
It's interesting that that is the majority position in the USA, I guess because there are so many jews living there. In Britain you'd find a far more equal split, with many people uncomfortable with the inequitable way Israel was founded and particularly uncomfortable with its subsequent behavior towards "ethnic minorities", whether within its borders or without.

I do think we have to be pragmatic though, and look at ways of resolving what is undeniably a real and deeply-felt conflict which threatens the entire world. I do think intransigent Israeli attitudes have occasioned quite a lot of the extremism we now experience - how much Muslim extremism was there before Israel was founded?

The one thing that is certain is that military action (whether directly by the USA or by Israel using USA-supplied arms) will NOT solve the problem, but rather by hardening attitudes will make it worse. I thought Vietnam/Cambodia etc would have amply demonstrated that there is no prospect of defeating guerrilla action supported by the local population by using brute force? Just as I am confident that the US-led occupations of Afghanistan and Iraq will end in failure, and much bloodshed.

Peter, while I am not an expert on Israeli-Muslim interactions, I can assure you if the US Government had let the military do what they do best, Vietnam would not be an example you could attached that reference.

I was out of town when it happen
P
P
Do you think the Vietnam war could have been won by the US?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.